Conditional Truce Possible in Yemen
It seems that the parties of the conflict in Yemen managed to reach an agreement to sign a conditional truce. Yemen's government has informed the United Nations it would agree to a truce to end the military actions. Earlier the media reported, the parties of the conflict in Yemen started negotiations to agree to a five-day humanitarian pause. It is expected that the truce will start on July 12 and will last till the end of a Muslim holy month of Ramadan on July17.
"The Yemeni authorities have informed the Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon of its agreement to implement a truce in the coming days," spokesman Rajeh Badi told Reuters. It is mentioned that Yemen's President Mansour Hadi had "set guarantees for the success of the truce". After receiving the letter from the Yemeni government the United Nations is trying to find out the details from the parties.
The Houthi movement, which controls the capital Sanaa and many other regions has not commented yet. The United Nations intensified its efforts to bring all sides together for implementing a truce. More than 3,000 people have been killed in the conflict and over a million displaced. The United Nations said more than 21 million people, over 80 percent of the population, are now in need of some form of humanitarian aid.
Analytics hope that the information about the truce will be confirmed and it will serve as an impulse to end the military actions.
Other materials on this subject
- UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.
- Armen Sarkissian Congratulates Antonio Guterres on the Re-Election as Secretary General of the Organization President of the Republic Armen Sarkissian sent a congratulatory message to Antonio Guterres on his re-election as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- UN Secretary General Called COVID-19 a Number One Global Security Threat The coronavirus pandemic has gotten out of hand and the number of its victims will soon surpass 1 mln, Antonio Guterres said. "Soon, we will pass the grimmest of milestones: 1 million lives lost to the...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
Other materials on this subject
- Yemen's Houthis Say Launch Drone Attack at Saudi Border Airport The attack was in response to "the continued escalation by the forces of aggression and their siege of the great Yemeni people," Yahya Saree, a military spokesman for Yemen's Houthi militia said in a tweet.
- Saudi-Led Coalition Declares 2-Week Coronavirus Ceasefire in Yemen: Al-Jazeera There was no immediate comment by the Houthis.
- Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen Colonel Turki al-Maliki, spokesman for the Arab coalition, said the coalition forces foiled “an imminent terrorist act by the Houthi militia south of the Red Sea.”
- Yemen Govt Accuses UAE of Launching Air Strikes against Troops The deputy foreign minister did not say when the alleged air strikes took place.
- Yemen: Dozens Killed in Houthi Attack on Aden Military Parade The Houthis' official al-Masirah TV said the group launched a medium-range ballistic missile and armed drone at the parade, which it described as being staged in preparation for a military move against...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h