Kazbek Mansurov: There is One Main Idea - We are All Equal
Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Kazbek Mansurov, Deputy Chairman of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan in Almaty. The Interview was conducted during the "5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions" in Astana in the framework of "Armenia-Kazakhstan: Cooperation Platforms" project, with the support of Embassy of Kazakhstan in Armenia.
- In Armenia, we hear a lot about how representatives of 130 nations and nationalities in Kazakhstan peacefully co-exist. Will you, please, tell how you manage it?
- Let’s start from 1927. In the city of Verny (the name of our city at that time, which later was renamed Alma-Ata, now - Almaty) 40 ethnic groups were living. Then, already closer to our times, they were about 70, and in 1991 the city had already 120 ethnic groups. In his recent speech, the President of Kazakhstan said that the country is already home to about 140 ethnic groups.
The total population of Kazakhstan is 17,8mln, of which the total number of ethnic groups is 10 million. There is one main idea - we are all equal, we are biologically the same people, but we have a different history, different cultures and different traditions. Thus everyone, regardless of nationality, race, religion is responsible to his people and state.
About 1,5mln people now live in the city of Almaty. This has been a significant city in the history of Kazakhstan, because it is an industrial, scientific, cultural and sports city, this is where a lot of ideas were formed.
Due to the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan the idea of holding early presidential elections in Kazakhstan was formed. This idea was supported at various events, and literally almost 100% of the population having the right to vote, voted for our wise President Nursultan Nazarbayev. This also speaks about that - yes, there is a policy, an economy that help to create conditions for the development and prosperity of our country. I will not be mistaken if I say that this is also due to the fact that on the territory of Kazakhstan immigrants from all over the Soviet Union were displaced.
Kazakhs by nature are hospitable people. They received these men, gave them place to live, fed them with whatever they could. That is the basis for what exists today. Very often in his political speech, the President says that we do not need any chauvinism or local nationalism, because both of them hinders. All are equal before the society, the state, the people.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Robert Kocharyan Congratulates on Artsakh Revival Day
PM Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Yervand Manaryan
Artsakh MFA Issues Statement on Revival Day
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Air Temperature will Gradually Go Up
Trump Named Richard Grenell to Be the Next Acting Director of US National Intelligence
Venezuela's Maduro Announced an Emergency in the National Oil Industry
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 4 km/h