Kazbek Mansurov: There is One Main Idea - We are All Equal
Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with Kazbek Mansurov, Deputy Chairman of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan in Almaty. The Interview was conducted during the "5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions" in Astana in the framework of "Armenia-Kazakhstan: Cooperation Platforms" project, with the support of Embassy of Kazakhstan in Armenia.
- In Armenia, we hear a lot about how representatives of 130 nations and nationalities in Kazakhstan peacefully co-exist. Will you, please, tell how you manage it?
- Let’s start from 1927. In the city of Verny (the name of our city at that time, which later was renamed Alma-Ata, now - Almaty) 40 ethnic groups were living. Then, already closer to our times, they were about 70, and in 1991 the city had already 120 ethnic groups. In his recent speech, the President of Kazakhstan said that the country is already home to about 140 ethnic groups.
The total population of Kazakhstan is 17,8mln, of which the total number of ethnic groups is 10 million. There is one main idea - we are all equal, we are biologically the same people, but we have a different history, different cultures and different traditions. Thus everyone, regardless of nationality, race, religion is responsible to his people and state.
About 1,5mln people now live in the city of Almaty. This has been a significant city in the history of Kazakhstan, because it is an industrial, scientific, cultural and sports city, this is where a lot of ideas were formed.
Due to the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan the idea of holding early presidential elections in Kazakhstan was formed. This idea was supported at various events, and literally almost 100% of the population having the right to vote, voted for our wise President Nursultan Nazarbayev. This also speaks about that - yes, there is a policy, an economy that help to create conditions for the development and prosperity of our country. I will not be mistaken if I say that this is also due to the fact that on the territory of Kazakhstan immigrants from all over the Soviet Union were displaced.
Kazakhs by nature are hospitable people. They received these men, gave them place to live, fed them with whatever they could. That is the basis for what exists today. Very often in his political speech, the President says that we do not need any chauvinism or local nationalism, because both of them hinders. All are equal before the society, the state, the people.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9 Interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, calls a snap election, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
Ararat Mirzoyan Has Private Talk with President of National Assembly of Artsakh
Chair of Artsakh NA Standing Committee on State and Legal Affairs Emphasized the strengthening of the Inter-Committee Ties with Armenia's NA
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Spanish Senate Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
"Aurora" to Kick off a Global Series of Events on October 19 in New York City
Trump Declines to Commit to a Peaceful Transition of Power after Election
EU Believes Lukashenko’s Inauguration Lacks Legitimacy
Biden leads Trump by 10 points nationally in new pair of polls
Coronavirus Situation Worsens in Armenia, Says PM
Artsakh Confirms 9 New Cases of COVID-19 in Past 24 Hours
Israel Tightens Coronavirus Restrictions as Cases Continue to Surge
Trudeau: Canada Already in Second Wave of Coronavirus
Armenia Records 48251 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Obama Shares His Phone Number
Armenia’s New Ambassador to Bulgaria Presents Credentials to President Rumen Radev
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Military Exercises "Shant-2020" To Be Held On November 16-20 In Armenia
Armen Sarkissian: Armenia and China Have Great Potential for Cooperation
US-Based SADA Systems Plans to Establish Global Center for Technological Solutions in Armenia
Weather forecast in Armenia
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Wind: 4 km/h