France and Iraq to Co-Host Mosul Summit
France and Iraq will co-host a ministerial summit on October 20 to discuss how to stabilise Mosul once the so-called Islamic State have been defeated there, itv.com reports.
Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said defeating the terrorists in their Iraqi stronghold could take time and, with militants expected to escape over Syrian border into Raqqa, it was important to consider how best to retake that city too.
He said: "For Raqqa, a similar method will be needed to Mosul. It will take time and political will, but we have to organize ourselves.
"We can't let Islamic State reconstitute itself or strengthen to create an even more dangerous hub. We have to prepare ourselves."
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
- Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq The rally comes after Influential Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called on Iraqis to stage “a million-strong, peaceful, unified demonstration to condemn the American presence and its violations”...
- U.S. Military Resumes Joint Operations With Iraq In a speech to his cabinet, he suggested that Parliament’s decision might not be the final word, saying “If we reach the decision to get the forces out of Iraq, then this would be the decision of the...
- U.S. Looks at Cuts to Military Aid to Iraq The emails assert that no final decision has been made, but top administration officials have ordered a review of what funds may be held or reallocated in the event Iraq requires the U.S. troops be removed.
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 5 km/h