New 50-Euro Bill to Be Put Into Circulation
A new 50-euro note designed to be harder to forge is being launched in the 19 countries of the eurozone. But the old ones will remain valid for the time being, the DW reports.
The European Central Bank (ECB) is releasing a new 50-euro note on Tuesday that features a number of security measures designed to make it more difficult to counterfeit.
The new note, orange-brown in color, has raised print and a transparent window featuring a picture of "Europa," the Greek goddess from whom the continent takes its name, on a metallic strip. It also has a portrait watermark and security thread. The number on it is emerald-colored, but changes color when moved from side to side.
It also feels crisper and firmer than previous versions.
The 50-euro note - which is currently the most-used banknote in the eurozone - is part of the new "Europa " series showcasing European architectural styles throughout history. It will be followed by new 100 and 200-euro banknotes, but not by a 500-euro one, as the ECB has decided to phase it out by the end of 2018 owing to its relatively frequent use for illegal purposes.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
- FT: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens Livelihoods of 59m European Workers Under McKinsey’s pessimistic scenario, in which severe social distancing restrictions are maintained through the summer to contain the spread of the virus, EU unemployment could double to 11.2 per cent...
- Italy Coalition Agrees on New Budget, Expects EU Approval The European Commission rejected the Italian budget in October, saying it would not lower the country’s huge debt and declaring it in clear breach of EU fiscal rules. Rome submitted a revised plan last...
- EU Shoots Down Italy's Budget Plans, Again The Commission confirmed its assessment that "Italy's draft budget plan is in particularly serious non-compliance" with EU debt rules, Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in Brussels.
- Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country Denmark was followed by Luxembourg (127 percent), Ireland and Sweden (both 125 percent), Finland (122 percent) and the United Kingdom (117 percent).
- Eurozone Growth Exceeds Expectations For the past 12 months, the growth rate was 2.5%.
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Outcome of Azeri Aggression Can’t Create Grounds for Lasting Peace: Ara Aivazian
Armenia Records 166427 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia, Iran FMs' Private Conversation Kicks Off
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
There is a Positive Dynamic in President Armen Sarkissian’s Health Condition
PACE Calls on to Implement Provisions of Trilateral Statement on Karabakh
Artsakh Reports 21 New Cases of COVID-19 over Past Day
Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office of Artsakh Published a Report on the Threat to Armenian Cultural Heritage
138 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Artsakh Defense Army Published List Of 65 Servicemen Killed
Four More Bodies Of The Artsakh War Casualties Were Found
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 3 km/h