US Defense Secretary to the Syrian Government
Defense Secretary James Mattis addressed a statement to the Syrian government on Monday, saying it would be "ill-advised ever again to use chemical weapons," the Washington Free Beacon reports.
"The U.S. military strike against Shayrat airfield on April 6 was a measured response to the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons," Mattis said.
"The president directed this action to deter future use of chemical weapons and to show the United States will not passively stand by while Assad murders innocent people with chemical weapons, which are prohibited by international law and which were declared destroyed."
"The assessment of the Department of Defense is that the strike resulted in the damage or destruction of fuel and ammunition sites, air defense capabilities, and 20 percent of Syria's operational aircraft," the statement said. "The Syrian government has lost the ability to refuel or rearm aircraft at Shayrat airfield and at this point, use of the runway is of idle military interest."
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
- U.S. Military Sets April Target Date for Leaving Syria With U.S.-backed fighters poised to seize the final Syrian sanctuaries held by Islamic State in the coming days, the U.S. military is turning its attention toward a withdrawal of forces in the coming weeks.
- Erdogan Urges Trump to Fulfill Promise on US Withdrawal From Syria The buffer zone in the north of Syria should be controlled by Turkey and it will do everything possible to maintain security in the area, the Turkish president noted.
Brexit: May Urged to Quit
Passengers Airlifted From Crippled Cruise Ship in Storm off Norway
Sunday of Steward
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The New Building of Hamazgayin Theater Inaugurated: PM Personally Collected Waste Around the Building Before the Groundbreaking Ceremony (photos)
The Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Welcomes the Creation of Parliamentary Friendship Group in Canada with Artsakh
Trump-Russia: Robert Mueller Delivers Report
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
UN Hosts Norouz Food Festival
Ambassador of Cuba to Armenia Presented His Credentials to President Armen Sarkissian
Political Consultations Between Foreign Ministries of Armenia and Ukraine Held in Kyiv
Two Armenian Deputy Ministers Dismissed
PM Receives Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
Nikol Pashinyan Receives U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Lynne Tracy
Nikol Pashinyan: "We Need to Understand What Kind of Targeted Programs Should be Implemented to Improve the Demographic Situation"
PACE President to Visit Armenia
President Sarkissian had a Phone Conversation with Darigha Nazarbaeva
President of the National Assembly of Artsakh Welcomed Creation of the "Parliamentary Friends of the People of Artsakh" Group
EU Says Doesn't Recognize Israeli Sovereignty over Golan Heights
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
Wind: 6 km/h