Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East
US President Donald Trump and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday discussed efforts to counter ''Iran’s malign influence'' in the Middle East, as well as ''optimism in the region'' about Israeli-Palestinian peace, The Times of Israel reports.
The two leaders talked about their ''continuing efforts to achieve an enduring Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement, the optimism in the region about peace, and expanding economic opportunities to improve conditions for peace,'' the White House statement said.
It pledged to safeguard US and Israeli security interests with regard to Iran and Syria. Israel has repeatedly expressed concern that Iran, an ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad, was bolstering its military presence on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.
''President Trump reiterated the US commitment to Israel’s security, and the two leaders agreed to continue their close coordination on countering Iran’s malign influence and destabilizing actions'', the statement says.
The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
- Trump Says will Release Middle East Peace Plan by Tuesday Speaking to reporters on Air Force One en route to Miami for a political event, Trump said Palestinians might react negatively to his plan at first, but that it would benefit them.
- Benjamin Netanyahu Rushed Offstage as Rocket Fired from Gaza into Israel (video) Meanwhile, the Israeli military confirmed that the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted one rocket fired from the Strip.
- Brazil to Move Embassy to Jerusalem The Brazilian president said both before and after he was elected that he would move the embassy, but backed down from the promise earlier this year.
- Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed Gaza health ministry said the death toll in two days of Israeli air attacks had risen to 34, including eight members of the Abu Malhous family. At least 63 Israelis received treatment for injuries in rocket...
- Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18 In response to the rocket barrage, dozens of air raids were launched on Gaza. Overall, 18 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli bombardment in Gaza, according to health officials.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House The State Department had previously announced that Lavrov would travel to Washington this week for meetings with Pompeo to "discuss a broad range of regional and bilateral issues."
- Trump: The EU Is Treating the US Very Unfairly The situation over EU relations will become very difficult if the EU does not "shape up," said US President Donald Trump.
- Trump Nearly Forgot Melania by Getting into a Helicopter A video has emerged of the American president walking towards the helicopter himself, and just in the middle of the road stops to wait for his wife
- 11 US troops Wounded in Last Week's Iran Attack on Iraq Base President Trump and U.S. officials had said earlier that no Americans were killed or injured in the Jan. 8 attack.
- Iran will not Sign "Trump Deal" Amending JCPOA In his address to the nation on January 8, US President Donald Trump said that members of the JCPOA "must all work together toward making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful...
- Iran’s Rouhani Apologizes for Delayed Plane Crash Admission He added that "the steps Iran has taken (to reduce its commitments under the nuclear deal - TASS) are reversible and all of its activities are being carried out under the supervision of the IAEA."
- Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane The New York Times has verified security camera footage on Tuesday that shows, for the first time, that two missiles hit Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 on Jan. 8. The missiles were launched...
- Iran’s Judiciary Threatens to Expel UK Ambassador Iran’s judiciary said it considered the UK ambassador to Tehran "persona non grata" for alleged participation in anti-government protests, escalating diplomatic tensions between the two countries
Coronavirus: 41 Dead, More Than 1,000 Cases in China
Nikol Pashinyan: “The Most Important Goal of the Ongoing Police Reform is to Forge New Police-Citizen Relationship”
Turkey Earthquake: At Least 19 Dead, More than 600 Injured
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
HBO Max Orders Animated British Royal Family Satire Series 'The Prince'
China Orders Travel Agencies to Suspend Tours to Contain Virus Outbreak
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Prince Charles Visits Armenian Church in Bethlehem
What Takes Place Today will Not end Today: Armenia’s CC chairman Hrayr Tovmasyan on Search in His Apartment
EU Leaders Sign Brexit Withdrawal Agreement
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote
Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Trump Says will Release Middle East Peace Plan by Tuesday
Government Lowers the Family and Welfare Benefit Allowance Threshold: 11,000 Families will Not be Stripped of Benefits
Two Servicemen Receive Gun Wounds in Artsakh
Maduro Invites Observers from UN and EU to Parliamentary Election in Venezuela
Nikol Pashinyan, Stef Blok discuss Armenian-Dutch Relationship Development Propsects
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Wind: 5 km/h