Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East
US President Donald Trump and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday discussed efforts to counter ''Iran’s malign influence'' in the Middle East, as well as ''optimism in the region'' about Israeli-Palestinian peace, The Times of Israel reports.
The two leaders talked about their ''continuing efforts to achieve an enduring Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement, the optimism in the region about peace, and expanding economic opportunities to improve conditions for peace,'' the White House statement said.
It pledged to safeguard US and Israeli security interests with regard to Iran and Syria. Israel has repeatedly expressed concern that Iran, an ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad, was bolstering its military presence on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.
''President Trump reiterated the US commitment to Israel’s security, and the two leaders agreed to continue their close coordination on countering Iran’s malign influence and destabilizing actions'', the statement says.
The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
- Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed Gaza health ministry said the death toll in two days of Israeli air attacks had risen to 34, including eight members of the Abu Malhous family. At least 63 Israelis received treatment for injuries in rocket...
- Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18 In response to the rocket barrage, dozens of air raids were launched on Gaza. Overall, 18 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli bombardment in Gaza, according to health officials.
- Israeli Forces Kill Top Islamic Jihad Commander in Gaza Strike Separately, the Palestinian group said that Israel also attacked the home of one of its officials in the Syrian capital, Damascus.
- Netanyahu: Rocket Attacks Make New War in Gaza Inevitable The Israeli leader has been criticized for failing to respond harshly to the rockets, which have been frequently sending residents of southern Israel scurrying for cover.
- UN Chief Denounces Netanyahu’s Plans to Annex Parts of West Bank Netanyahu said in a televised address that in case he was reelected he would apply Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan valley and the northern part of the Dead Sea.
- Trump: The EU Is Treating the US Very Unfairly The situation over EU relations will become very difficult if the EU does not "shape up," said US President Donald Trump.
- Trump Nearly Forgot Melania by Getting into a Helicopter A video has emerged of the American president walking towards the helicopter himself, and just in the middle of the road stops to wait for his wife
- 9 Killed in South Dakota Plane Crash A Pilatus PC-12, a single-engine turboprop passenger plane, had as many as 12 people on board when it crashed shortly after takeoff about a mile from Chamberlain Municipal Airport,
- Member of The US Senate Requires to Impose Sanctions Against Turkey Member of the US Senate Democrat Chris van Hollen said that Turkey crossed the red line by starting testing the radars of the S-400 air defense systems acquired from Russia, he wrote about this on his...
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America At the request of the guests, the Foreign Minister presented the main directions and priorities of the foreign policy of Artsakh, touched upon the processes of peaceful settlement of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh...
- Trump and Netanyahu Discuss ‘Threat from Iran’ The two last spoke on November 19, when Netanyahu thanked the president for Washington’s decision to repudiate a State Department legal opinion that said West Bank settlements were illegal.
- Six More Countries Join Trump-Busting Iran Barter Group The system has not yet enabled any transactions.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Held Talks With a Taliban Delegation Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks in Tehran with a Taliban delegation led by Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, one of the group's founders, the official IRNA news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards,...
- Terror Sponsors Must Stop Blaming Iran for Their Problems: Foreign Ministry "The very countries that spawn and promote terrorism and extremism and have interfered in the internal affairs of others by violating the principle of good neighborliness, and [those who] have weakened...
Iran, US Swap Prisoners
Loire: A Mayor Forbids His Citizens to Die on Weekends
Armenia's Defense Minister Visited Military Hospital
German KfW Bank, Armenian Cenbank sign €60,000,000 Loan Deals
Armenia Considers the Agreement With the EU as a True Blueprint for Reforms: Mogerini
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia, United States Discuss Recent NK Talks
Karabakh MOD: Azerbaijan Armed Forces Fired About 1,000 Shots in Passing Week
Russian Foreign Minister to Meet with Pompeo in DC Next Week
Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia PM Visits Epicenter Spitak Town (Video)
Trump Calls for World Bank to Stop Loaning to China
Armenia Deputy FM Receives Guatemalan Delegation
Gabriel Sargissian Wins European Rapid Chess Championship 2019
Armenia Remembers Victims of 1988 Earthquake
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attended Concert Dedicated to 91st Anniversary of Hovhannes Chekijian
Angela Merkel Visits Auschwitz for the First Time as Germany's Chancellor
Government Continues Discussing Public Agencies’ Budget Requests
We're Acquiring New Weapons: Armenia’s Deputy Defense Minister
Armenian Military Will Have Special Army Sports Club for Distinguished Athlete Conscripts
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h