Syria: What to Wait For After Trump's Threats?
The situation around Syria continues to aggravate. This time, the main reason for this is the statements of the United States regarding the intention to strike Syria. US President Donald Trump has called on Russia to prepare for missile strikes in Syria. Trump wrote on his Twitter page: "Russia promises to hit any rocket that will be sent to Syria. Get ready Russia, because they (missiles) will come: Glorious, new and "smart". He added that Russia should not become a friend with an "animal" (meaning Syrian President Bashar al-Assad), who "kills his own people with gas and gets pleasure from it."
Russia, in response to Trump's threats, said it would answer to the US in a corresponding way, especially if Russian soldiers in Syria were killed in the attacks.
Note that US navy ships Donald Cook and Porter approached Syria. All this happens exactly one year after the US launched a missile attack on the Syrian Air Force in 2017. As that time also, the reason for the attack was that the Syrian government allegedly used chemical weapons. Note that Donald Cook and Porter take up to 120 Tomahawk wing rockets with a distance of 2,000 kilometers. In other words, the entire area of Syria falls under the ammunition of American ships. However, the direction of the attack is not clear yet. It is only known that the United States is preparing a massive missile attack in several directions at the same time which should last for minimum a day. Note that in 2011, it took the American and the British forces only 124 Tomahawk missiles to completely destroy the Muammar Gaddafi's air defense system.
The issue of alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria and possible US attack was discussed at the UN Security Council on April 10. The West blames Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the use of chemical weapons against civilians in Dօuma, a settlement in East Ghuthah. US Representative Nicholas Hell accused Russia of killing civilians in Syria. Russia, in turn, stated that there is no evidence of chemical attack. The Syrian authorities also called these allegations ungrounded. Syria's permanent representative to the UN Bashar Jaafari said that his country would not allow repeating Iraqi or Libyan scenarios. However, French military aviation is going to assist the United States. Unlike France, Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May said she was not going to help the US President in a joint attack on Syria. According to May, the parties should first wait for the evidence of the use of chemical weapons in Syria, as the US and a number of other western countries are now based on information provided by activists according to which a chemical attack on Duma was allegedly carried out on April 7, and as a result of which 70 people have been killed. It should be noted that only a day before April 6, the Russian authorities declared that Al-Nusra Front was preparing a chemical attack.
One thing is clear. The escalation of the Syrian conflict is inevitable, especially if the United States really applies to its missiles.
- A Summit On Syria Will Be Held In Istanbul The leaders of Turkey, Russia, Germany and France are to hold a four-way summit on the conflict in Syria in Istanbul on Oct. 27, the spokesman for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was quoted as saying on...
- Who Benefited from Russian IL-20 Crash and Which Were The Consequences? It should be noted that, although the plane was shot down by Syrian air defense, Moscow blamed Israel for this, which, according to the Russian side, did not warn about air strikes on Syria at the time,...
- Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks According to him, Syrian military personnel had already undergone training to operate the S-300 system, the Defense Post reported.
- Idlib: Who Has Benefits from Putin-Erdogan Agreement? The parties specifically agreed to create a demilitarized zone at the contact line between the government troops and the opposition in Idlib until 15 October, at a depth of 15-20 km. The latter will be...
- Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria The Russian Defense Ministry held a press conference to discuss the destruction of a Russian military aircraft with people on board off the coast of Syria, which happened at the same time that Israeli...
- Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed" Higher rates can impact consumers by increasing borrowing costs, which have already ticked higher. Auto loan rates are at a nine-year high, and 30-year fixed mortgage rates recently climbed to their highest...
- Hillary Clinton's Security Clearance Was Withdrawn Former secretary of state and two-time presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has had her security clearance withdrawn "at her request," according to a letter by Charles Faulkner of the US State Department...
- Mayor de Blasio Vows to Go After Trump for Unpaid Taxes After Bombshell Report The mayor said the city would work with state tax authorities in the probe.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
The New Electoral Code Will be Once Again debated at the Special Session on October 29
President Sarkissian Will Not Sign the Amendments in the Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly of Armenia
What is the Actual Reason for the Scandal Raised Around the Saudi Journalist Murder?
Donald Trump: US will Build up Nuclear Arsenal
Acting FM Holds Meeting with OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media
Erdoghan: The Murder Of The Saudi Journalist Was Planned
President Sarkissian: We should be Able to Build a Stable and Predictable State (photos)
President Participated at the Opening of the World Investment Forum in Geneva
South Korea Says it will Arrest Citizens Who Smoke Weed in Canada
Explosive Device Found Near George Soros' New York Home
The Scientific Benefits of Hugging
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
President Sarkissian will Participate to the Crans Montana World Investment Forum in Geneva
World's Longest Sea Bridge Will Be Opened
Russia Nuclear Treaty: Bolton in Moscow Amid Missile Tensions
"No Chance of Italexit': Italy is not Leaving the EU or the Euro, PM Insists
Man Who Foiled Nazi Nuclear Plan Dies Aged 99
Transfer of the CSTO PA Session from Yerevan to Moscow is a Reflection of the Current Moods
Canada is Running out of Marijuana Two Days after Drug Became Legal
Atmosphere of Mutual Trust has Developed with Putin, says Nikol Pashinyan
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Sharmazanov to Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament: You Should Recognize the Full Exercise of Artsakh People’s Right of Self-Determination
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Humanoid Robot Sophia Delivers Remarks at Yerevan La Francophonie Forum, Vows to Learn French for Next Time
First Meeting of EU-RA Partnership Committee in Trade Configuration under the CEPA to Be Held in Yerevan today
Wind: 12.87 km/h