Turkey Extends State of Emergency
The Turkish Parliament on April 18 extended the ongoing state of emergency for the seventh time for another three months, meaning the upcoming early elections on June 24 will be held under the emergency rule despite widespread disapproval from opposition parties, Hurriyet reports.
Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) spokesman Bülent Tezcan urged the government not to extend the state of emergency over worries that it would cast shadow over the elections.
"The state of emergency needs to be lifted immediately; you cannot hold elections during an emergency rule. The country needs to be brought out of the state of emergency now," he said on April 18, hours after President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced the country will hold early elections on June 24.
To inform the state of emergency was extended with the votes of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP). It was first imposed on July 20, 2016, five days after a bloody coup attempt in Turkey.
- Erdogan Calls Armenian Lobby ''Evil Power'', against which Turkey Will Continue Its Fight On Monday Erdogan announced a new four-day curfew effective Saturday in a televised speech following a cabinet meeting.
- Man Who Tries to Set Fire to Armenian Church in Istanbul says Armenians "Brought" COVID-19 Representatives of the Armenian patriarchy reported the incident, after which police and the provincial administration made statements.
- Gowns Ordered from Turkey Fail to Meet British Safety Standards The prime minister's spokesperson said the NHS was speaking to the supplier about getting replacement gowns.
- Erdogan Sends Letter to Trump Erdogan's letter arrived Tuesday along with medical equipment that Turkey sent to the US to help contain the outbreak of COVID-19. The administration of the Turkish president published a letter on Wednesday.
- Erdogan Rejects Minister's Resignation over Coronavirus Curfew: Al-Jazeera Turkey announced the weekend lockdown late on Friday, but in the brief time before it went into effect, many people rushed out to buy food and drink in the country's commercial hub Istanbul, a city of...
Pashinyan and Family Members Feel Well: Spokesperson
Conscript Dies in Traffic Accident in Artsakh
Deputy Defense Minister: Armenia to Produce Weapon in July
Prime Minister Briefed on Developments in Civil Aviation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bulgaria Provides 500 Medical Supplies to Armenia
Pashinyan on Coronavirus Crisis: This Isn't Healthcare Issue
Pentagon Moves About 1,600 Army Troops Into the Washington Region
Italy Reopens to Tourists from Europe
UN Calls For US Protests to be Peaceful
4-Year-Old Child with Coronavirus Also Diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease in Armenia
Chinese Premier Wishes Speedy Recovery to Armenia’s Pashinyan and His Family From COVID-19
Armenia Records 10524 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President of Artsakh Signed a Range of Decrees
The Threatening Letter Sent to Rakel Dink Contains the Same Slogan We Were Used to Hearing before Hrant Dink Was Assassinated: Fethiye Çetin
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Convened a Working Consultation on Pandemic Fight Measures
All Airlines Certified in Armenia Are Included in List Subject to Operating Ban or Operational Restrictions within EU
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Received President of the Football Federation of Armenia Armen Melikbekyan
PM Instructs to be Consistent in Enforcing the Restrictions set by the Commandant’s Office and Control the Organization of Mass Events
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Murderer of Hrant Dink Ogun Samast May Be Released in Nine Months
Wind: 8 km/h