Armenia Stays Loyal to Its Two-Vector Integration Policy
After the Velvet Revolution in Armenia, one of the most important issues worrying the international community, Armenian citizens and expert circles was the possible changes in Armenia's foreign policy. Moreover, the issue of integration policy vectors was urgent. Recent trends in post-Soviet countries have shown a sharp deviation from geopolitical vectors to the West. But the revolution in Armenia was quite unique in that sense. It did not have any foreign policy agenda, geopolitical context and was not aimed at distracting Armenia from one side or another. And that tendency also continued after the end of the revolution and after Nikol Pashinyan's assuming the post of Prime Minister.
Reactions to Nikol Pashinyan's election as prime minister also testified the consistent work that had been carried out with both Russia and the West. On the same day, on May 8, Russian President Vladimir Putin was the first to congratulate Pashinyan, and shortly after, congratulatory messages came from the EU foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, as well as from the representatives of the US Department of State.
All the superpowers expressed hope that Armenia will continue to develop and deepen cooperation with them. Besides, Pashinyan had a number of meetings with different ambassadors and on May 14 the Prime Minister visited Sochi and had a private talk with Vladimir Putin.
After being elected as Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, Pashinyan has spoken many times about the active participation of the RA in the framework of the new EU agreement with the EU and the bilateral cooperation with the EU member states, and at the same time the active participation of the Republic of Armenia under the CSTO and its strategic allied relations with Russia.
The internal political developments in Armenia also have additional potential for creating new opportunities for Armenia in these two directions and raising the efficiency of Armenia's participation in the existing formats. But there is a need of certain time and strategy to accomplish that.
As for the need to balance the vectors of European integration and the Eurasian integration, it is not just a matter of taste and preferences, but a necessity that directly affects the country's development and security, dictated by geopolitical realities. Former Armenian authorities have succeeded in making complicated and consistent efforts in this context, and the task of the new authorities is not to break the existing balances but rather to develop the relations in both directions.
- Croatia Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement The document received a unanimous support by all the 115 legislators attending the session (4 in absentia), Anna Naghdalyan, the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson, said on Facebook.
- Italian Senate Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement 242 lawmakers voted in favor of the ratification of the agreement, 2 abstained.
- Germany Notified Upon the Completion of its Internal Procedures Necessary for the Ratification of the Armenia-EU Agreement On 23 August, 2019, Germany notified the EU Council upon the completion of its internal procedures necessary for the ratification of the Armenia-EU CEPA.
- Tigran Avinyan Welcomes Newly Appointed Czech Ambassador The interlocutors reflected on EU-Armenia relations and the cooperation underway in the framework of the Eastern Partnership.
- RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations Within the framework of the planned activities, the focus has been on creating jobs in the regions and ensuring regional economic growth.
- Russia PM: Eurasian Union Ready for Free Trade Zones with Asian Countries Medvedev recalled that a similar agreement has already been concluded with Vietnam, Singapore and China, while negotiations with India are underway.
- Rouhani: US Carries out Economic Terrorism As the Iranian president noted, resistance to hostile actions led to harsh and inhuman sanctions; international obligations and agreements are ignored.
- EAEU IS the Only Structure Where We Are the Full Owners According to him, the Eurasian Economic Union is perceived by Armenia as some foreign object, from which "something must be pulled out".
- Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25 According to the Russian ambassador, "in the future, Serbia may become one of the links on the space between the EU and the EAEU."
- Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session At the EEU intergovernmental board session, held in Yerevan, a range of key issues were raised concerning setting up joint markets of energy carriers, eliminating trade obstacles and so on. At least theoretically...
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
Public Council Chairman Vazgen Manukyan Steps Down
Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18
46 Families Return to Artsakh’s Talish After Reconstruction
Venice Calls for State of Emergency after Worst Flooding in Over 50 Years
OSCE Conducts Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Trump Offers Trade Deal, Sanctions Workaround to Erdogan
Seven People Killed in Bolivian Protests
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh President Receives Andrzej Kasprzyk
Prime Minister Meets with UNESCO Director-General in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attend 40th UNESCO General Conference Proceedings (PHOTOS)
Air Temperature will Gradually Go Down
Armenia, Azerbaijan Not Negotiating Over Concrete Document Now: Anna Naghdalyan
Artsakh Crowned Volleyball Champion
Nikol Pashinyan, Emmanuel Macron hold private talks on margins of Paris Peace Forum
Arsen Julfalakyan Takes Part in Tournament After Long Break and Wins It
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
We Will Never Forget that 1.5 Million Armenians Were Murdered: Kim Kardashian
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Wind: 4 km/h