Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections
U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that Russian President Vladimir Putin made directly to Trump, Reuters reports.
The top aides, including intelligence director Dan Coats and national security adviser John Bolton, appeared in the White House briefing room to stress that a major effort was under way to protect the integrity of congressional elections in November and the 2020 presidential election.
“We acknowledge the threat, it is real, it is continuing, and we’re doing everything we can to have a legitimate election,” Coats said, adding: “It is pervasive, it is ongoing, with the intent to ... drive a wedge and undermine our democratic values.”
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
- Michael Pompeo Called on Putin and Poroshenko to Engage Directly The US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has urged Presidents Poroshenko and Putin to engage directly to resolve the situation on the Kerch Strait accident.
- Kremlin: Preparations for Putin-Trump Meeting at G20 Underway The G20 summit will meet in Buenos Aires on November 30-December 1.
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Russia for Nerve Agent Attack in UK A senior State Department official said it had notified the Kremlin of the sanctions earlier in the day.
- Pentagon Authorizes $1 Billion for Trump's Mexican Border Wall The funds will be used to build about 57 miles (91km) of fencing.
- Trump Accused Google of Helping China On Saturday, President Donald Trump accused Google of "helping China and their military" but not the United States
- US Senate Votes to End US Support of Saudi-Led Yemen War The bipartisan vote was 54 to 46, and is a rebuke to President Donald Trump's support of Saudi Arabia and its leader despite recent tensions.
- North Korea Offered Realistic Proposal but United States Asked for More: North Korea’s FM Pyongyang had offered to permanently dismantle all its nuclear material production including plutonium and uranium observed by U.S. experts.
- US House Votes to Revoke Trump's Border Emergency The resolution now moves over to the Senate, where it must be brought to the floor for a vote within the next 18 days.
Congratulatory Message to Gladys Berejiklian, Premier of New South Wales of Australia
Israel-Gaza Tension: Violence Continues Despite Ceasefire
Town Halls Across Germany Evacuated After Threats
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Self-Determination is No Crime:” The World Craves New Approaches For Conflict Resolution
Facebook Removes Accounts From Russia, Iran For 'Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior'
Venezuela Hit by Second Electrical Blackout in One Month
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Greek PM Tsipras Says Turkish Jets "Harassed" His Helicopter
Prince Charles Meets Cuban President on Historic Trip to Havana
Pentagon Authorizes $1 Billion for Trump's Mexican Border Wall
Saudi Arabia Denounces U.S. Recognition of Golan Heights As Israeli Territory
Meeting With Chairman of the Pan-Armenian Games World Committee Ishkhan Zakaryan
"U.S. will not Tolerate" Foreign Military Presence in Venezuela, Says Bolton
Pompeo Warns Russia 'to Cease Its Unconstructive Behavior' in Venezuela
Catholicos of All Armenians Departs for Moscow
Upcoming Local Elections in Turkey: Erdogan Not Favored
"I Wish You Every Success in Your Mission Because Your Success is the Success of Each One of Us" - PM Meets with Armenian National Football Team Players
MPs Back Indicative Votes to Take Control of Brexit Process
Flash Floods Kill at Least 19 in Southern Iran
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
Armenia, Belgium Set to Develop Cooperation in Education and Research: Memorandums of Understanding Signed as Part of Prime Minister’s Visit
Armenian-Iranian High-Level Talks Held in Tehran: Nikol Pashinyan, Hassan Rouhani Discuss Wide Range of Issues
Wind: 6 km/h