Trump: Israel will Have a PM Named Mohammed if no Deal
US President Donald Trump has warned that if Israelis and Palestinian do not separate, "Israel will have a prime minister named Mohammad," Times of Israel reports.
Trump’s comments were made in a phone call with Jordanian King Abdullah II in June, and may have been meant partly sarcastically.
Abdullah warned Trump in the June call that young Palestinians "don’t want the two-state solution anymore, but one state with equal rights. The result is that Israel will lose its Jewish character."
Trump then answered: "Look, that makes sense. [If it happens,] in a few years the name of Israel’s prime minister will be Mohammad."
Abdullah urged Trump not to present the administration’s peace plan. "There are too many difficulties right now. We don’t have to hurry with presenting the American peace plan," he reportedly said.
- Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall The Israeli Supreme Court ruled in favour of the military last month, ending a seven-year legal battle, and set Monday as the deadline to knock down the homes.
- Trump Administration Preparing to Roll out Kushner’s Israeli-Palestinian "Peace Plan": Sources Potential causes for delay could include the upcoming holidays of Passover and Ramadan.
- Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: Why Is the Game Ruled by Israel? Tensions have flared up again in Gaza recently. Israel has blocked the border with Gaza and is deploying army. Earlier Israel, despite the ceasefire reached by the Egyptian mediation, struck the military...
- Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled? The Eurovision song contest may be cancelled amid conflict escalation between Israel and Palestine. .
- Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess US president Donald Trump made his next controversial Twitter post, “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical...
Oil Drops as Recession Risks Mount with Trade War Tariffs
Two Candidates Made it to Presidential Runoff in Abkhazia
"Gyumri is to be the Focus of Armenia Independence Day Festivities this Year" – Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Gyumri Residents on City Day
Consultation on Water Supply Issues in Stepanakert
Trump Dampens Macron Optimism on Iran Talks
Trump Says 'Certainly Possible' Putin Could Be Invited to G-7
More Than 50 Armenian Passengers Standed at Sharm El Sheikh Airport
Gyumri Day is Celebrated, Armenia PM to Attend
Armenia PM Has Congratulated the People of Kapan
Netanyahu Hails Israel Strikes Against Syria to Foil Iran 'Killer Drone Attack'
Malatia Mall Fire Contained at Dawn
Stepanakert Airport Hosts Third Artsakh Airfest
Macron Opens G7 Summit with Working Dinner
French Wine-Makers Hope for G7 Detente with Trump Over Tariffs
President Sarkissian Congratulates Zelensky on Ukrainian Independence Day
President Sahakyan Visited a Number of Water Supply Facilities in Stepanakert
5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
Amazon Fires: Brazil Sends Army to Help Tackle Blazes
Armenian PM Congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
Turkey's Erdogan to Visit Russia
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Conscript Ghazaryan had no injuries before appearing on Azerbaijani territory: Investigative Committee
Wind: 5 km/h