Brexit is Not a Threat to British Prosperity: Johnson
Britain can forge a “fantastic free trade relationship” with Europe after it quits the European Union, but can also be a champion for global free trade, lawmaker and Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson said on Friday, Reuters reports.
The country has the world’s most diverse capital, along with a world class technology sector and universities, he told an event in Switzerland. But Britain should also focus on leaving the EU, with MPs agreeing not to revoke Article 50, which began the exit process.
“The job of our next leader has to be getting the UK properly out of the EU, putting Brexit to bed,” said Johnson, who wants to replace Theresa May as the next British prime minister.
- UK’s Johnson Threatens to Withhold $50 Billion Brexit Payment The 39 billion pounds represents outstanding British liabilities to the EU, which would be paid over a number of years according to the withdrawal agreement negotiated by May.
- France's Macron Urges Brexit Clarity After May Resignation But he stressed the need to "maintain the smooth functioning of the EU, which requires swift clarification".
- Theresa May's Withdrawal Bill Delayed On Wednesday, Theresa May told the Commons that the legislation would be published on Friday.
- Donald Tusk: Chance of Brexit Being Cancelled Could be 30% “The referendum was at the worst possible moment, it is the result of a wrong political calculation,” Tusk said in an interview with the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (GW) that was shared with the...
- EU Agrees to Brexit Extension Once Again Leaders of the countries remaining in the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31.
Japan Welcomes G20 Leaders for Summit Centred on Climate Change
2 Killed, 22 Injured As Russian Plane Makes Emergency Landing
Maduro Says He Will Be 'Ruthless' If Opposition Attempts Coup
PM Receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the Crisis in Georgia
France Closing Dozens of Schools Because of a Heatwave
Georgian Deputy PM to Visit Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Georgian Citizen of Armenian Origin Injured in Tbilisi Clashes
Egypt Says 7 Policemen Killed in Sinai Jihadist Attack
Awarding Ceremony in Connection With the 95th Anniversary of Formation of the Statistics System of Artsakh
Pompeo Meets Indian Leader Amid Trade Tensions
ANCA Welcomes Introduction of Sherman Amendment on Azerbaijan’s Threats to Shoot Down Civilian Aircraft
Macron Speaks to Rouhani to Try to Ease Mideast Tension
Arshavir Gharamyan Appointed Secretary of the Artsakh Republic Security Council
Brazil's Supreme Court Rejects Request to Free Ex-President Lula
U.S. Aims to Restart China Trade Talks, Will Not Accept Conditions on Tariff Use
Iraqi President Says will not Let US Attack Iran from His Territory
Stephanie Grisham to Replace Sarah Sanders As White House Press Secretary
North Korea Lashes Out at US 'Hostile Acts' As Trump Heads to Asia
Iran Foreign Minister Accuses US’ Bolton of Plotting For War
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
What is the "Summit of Minds"
MFA Statement on the Scheduled Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Washington D.C.
Wind: 6 km/h