France's Macron Urges Brexit Clarity After May Resignation
EU leaders have praised Theresa May's "courage" and "determination", but French President Emmanuel Macron also urged "swift clarification" on Brexit, BBC reports.
Mr Macron said Mrs May had done "courageous work" on Brexit, in his response to her resignation statement.
But he stressed the need to "maintain the smooth functioning of the EU, which requires swift clarification".
Earlier, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said the EU had "failed" over the UK's 2016 vote to exit the EU.
"Here we failed, because we didn't adopt the position that was necessary. Abstention is not a position," he told the German public broadcaster ARD.
Prime Minister May's withdrawal agreement - reached with the EU in November after arduous negotiations - has been rejected three times by Westminster MPs.
- UK’s Johnson Threatens to Withhold $50 Billion Brexit Payment The 39 billion pounds represents outstanding British liabilities to the EU, which would be paid over a number of years according to the withdrawal agreement negotiated by May.
- Brexit is Not a Threat to British Prosperity: Johnson But Britain should also focus on leaving the EU, with MPs agreeing not to revoke Article 50, which began the exit process.
- Theresa May's Withdrawal Bill Delayed On Wednesday, Theresa May told the Commons that the legislation would be published on Friday.
- Donald Tusk: Chance of Brexit Being Cancelled Could be 30% “The referendum was at the worst possible moment, it is the result of a wrong political calculation,” Tusk said in an interview with the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (GW) that was shared with the...
- EU Agrees to Brexit Extension Once Again Leaders of the countries remaining in the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31.
Anti-Trump Activists Hold Rallies Across US to Call for Impeachment
Iran's Foreign Ministry Summons UK Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Visited the Regions of Askeran and Martakert
Bihar: Heatwave Claims 29 Lives in Three Districts
Weather Forecast in Armenia: Short-Term Rain with Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Around 140 Times
Putin Gives Chinese President Ice-Cream on His 66th Birthday
Armenian PM, German Bundestag Vice President Discuss Issues of Mutual Interest
White House Guests Sing 'Happy Birthday' to Trump (VIDEO)
Artsakh MFA Welcomes the Statements by the Mayors of the French Cities on Their Intention to Maintain the Friendly Relations with the People of Artsakh
"The Policy of Working with the Diaspora Should be Made More Effective" - PM Receives Zareh Sinanyan
Armenia is the 97th in FIFA Ranking
EU Calls For Maximum Restraint As US Blames Iran For Tanker Attacks
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
China Flood Death Toll Jumps to 61
Sudan Military Admits It Ordered Brutal Crackdown on Protesters
Britain Backs U.S. in Blaming Iran For Tanker Attacks
Swiss Women Strike For More Money, Time And Respect
Trump Says Neither Iran Nor US Are Ready to Make a Deal
Sudan Charges Ousted Leader al-Bashir With Corruption
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Despite the Obstacles Imposed by Azerbaijan, Artsakh’s International Ties will Continue to Expand and Deepen
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Wind: 10 km/h