US Urges Turkey to Stop Oil Drilling Off Cyprus
The Trump administration is urging Turkey to stop oil-and-gas drilling off the coast of the divided island of Cyprus, VOA reports.
"This provocative step raises tensions in the region," the State Department said late Tuesday. "We continue to believe the island's oil-and-gas reserves, like all of its resources, should be equitably shared between both communities in the context of an overall settlement."
There has been no comment so far from Turkey which sent a drilling ship to the Mediterranean off Cyprus Monday, sparking a protest by the Greek Cypriots.
- Putin Expresses Concern Over Aggressive Actions in Idlib During Talks with Erdogan The parties also agreed to intensify inter-agency consultations over Idlib, particularly with respect to military institutions.
- EU to Give Turkey More Time to Avoid Tax Blacklisting The tax haven debate adds to a number of issues in which the EU faces the choice between enforcing its own rules and jeopardizing an agreement under which Turkey helped stem the flow of migrants to Europe...
- At Least Three Dead as Turkish Jet Skids off Runway in Istanbul The majority of people on board were Turkish, but local media quoted the airline's records as saying there were 22 foreign passengers from 12 other countries. A small number of children are believed to...
- Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV Earlier, Al Mayadeen TV channel reported that the Syrian forces had surrounded a Turkish observation point in Maar Hattat, a Syrian village in the Idlib governorate. On December 23, another Turkish post...
- Trump Discusses Syria, Libya with Turkey's Erdogan "The two leaders discussed the need to eliminate foreign interference and maintain the ceasefire in Libya. The leaders agreed that the violence being carried out in Idlib, Syria must stop," White House...
MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran
Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda
Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12
We do Not Have Any Coronavirus Infection Case in Armenia- Pashinyan
Slovakia FM Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Roads in Armenia are Mainly Passable
Azerbaijan Opened Fire In The Direction Of Armenianian Positions
Slovakia Remains Very Important Partner of Armenia – Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
About the Great Lent
Armenian FM Extends Condolences to Families of Van Devastating Earthquake Victims
Armenian President Congratulates Estonian Counterpart on Independence Day
Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature Will Gradually Go Down and Go Up Equally
Armenia's Embassy in Iran Temporarily Suspends Work of Consular Section
Bako Sahakyan and Nikol Pashinyan Convened a Working Consultation
Armenian Apostolic Church Celebrates Eve of Great Lent or Great Barekendan
Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death
"Interaction between Armenia and Artsakh is the key to our people’s security": Nikol Pashinyan
Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Azerbaijan Violates Truce 190 Times Past Week
Coronavirus: China Reports Drop in Recorded Cases as toll Reaches 2,345
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenian Human Rights Activist Was Searched Naked in Turkey (video)