House Majority Leader Hoyer Statement on Protests in Moscow
House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today in support of the pro-democracy protest in Moscow, majorityleader reports.
“I stand in solidarity with the Russian people and particularly protesters in Moscow seeking to restore democracy to their country through free and fair elections and the right to seek electoral choice. The Putin regime’s crackdown on free speech and on opposition candidates running for office ought to alarm the world, and the United States Congress is closely monitoring developments.
“I call on the Russian authorities to release political prisoners, cease arresting peaceful protestors, and allow opposition candidates to run for office without harassment. Congress stands with those in Russia seeking democracy and a government free from rampant corruption.”
- Russian Parliament Backs Changes In Constitution Constitutional changes allowing Vladimir Putin to run for president again in 2024 sailed through Russia’s lower house of parliament on Wednesday, opening the way for him to potentially stay in power...
- Russian Government Resigns President Vladimir Putin thanked Dmitry Medvedev’s government for its work.
- Former Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov Dies Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, has died Tuesday at age 83, a source close to him told Interfax.
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Biden Sued by 12 States over Climate Executive Order It alleges that Biden’s Executive Order 13990, titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” does not have the authority to issue binding...
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday.
Kamo Vardanyan Was Awarded the Military Rank of Lieutenant General
Azerbaijani Special Services Forced Artsakh Resident to Spy for Them, NSS Reveals
Armen Sarkissian and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Discussed Issues Related to the Promotion of Bilateral Cooperation
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
European Parliament New Speaker Elected
Polish OSCE Chairmanship Reiterates Full Support to Minsk Group Co-Chairs After Aliyev Tirade
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Bulgarian PM
Lacote: French Institute to Operate in Armenia
46 People are Receiving Inpatient Treatment in Artsakh for COVID-19
Armenia Records 348145 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Prospects for the Development of the Wine Industry Discussed in a Consultation Chaired by PM Pashinyan
Iran Welcomes Efforts to Normalize Relations Between Armenia and Turkey
New Cases of Omicron Variant Confirmed in Armenia
Lukashevich: Russia Concerned that OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs May Not Be Able to Visit Nagorno-Karabakh
Russia-China Friendship Is Not Aimed Against Anyone: Lavrov
Armenian President Was Never in Danger when Blasts Hit UAE, Visit Proceeding Normally
President Harutyunyan Approved Decisions of the Artsakh Republic Government on the Provision of Financial Assistance
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian President Attends Opening of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week During UAE Visit
Hair Dryer was Invented in the 19th Century (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Armenia’s top 10 Athletes of the Year Announced
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi