Johnson: No-Deal Brexit 'would Be a Failure'
A no-deal Brexit would be a failure that both the British and Irish governments would be responsible for, Boris Johnson has said.
The prime minister is in Dublin for his first face-to-face meeting with Taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar since he entered Downing Street in July.
He said he believed a deal was still possible by the EU summit in October.
However Mr Varadkar said there was no such thing as a clean break between the UK and the EU.
Mr Johnson has ruled out asking the EU to delay the Brexit deadline of 31 October - but the Irish government said it would support another extension.
- Boris Johnson Refuses to Grant Scotland Powers to Hold Independence Vote Instead he suggested that it is in Scotland's interest not to devote valuable time to discussions about whether the nation should become independent while there are urgent domestic issues to tackle.
- Three British Parties Agree to Vote against Brexit in the Election Such a pact means two of the parties would agree not to field a candidate, boosting the third candidate's chances.
- UK will not Extend Brexit Transition Period The spokesman said the government must continue to prepare for all possibilities including that the country leaves the European Union on Jan. 31 without a withdrawal deal.
- Brexit: Parliament Breaks Deadlock With Vote for 12 December Election Parliament will dissolve next Wednesday for a short campaign of five weeks, so long as the House of Lords passes Johnson’s legislation as expected in the coming days.
- EU Hopes to Endorse Brexit Delay to January 31 with Earlier Departure possible Any postponement to Brexit can only be granted unanimously by the 27 and French objections have so far prevented a decision as Johnson spars with lawmakers over calling an early election.
Armenia PM: Central Bank Made $5 mln Purchase from Financial Market Today
US Threatens to Assassinate New Quds Force Commander
In Jerusalem Emmanuel Macron Got Acquainted with the History of the Local Armenian Community (VIDEO)
Switzerland Mints World's Smallest Gold Coin
Turkish FM Urges Georgia to Join NATO
Armenian Church in Turkey Becomes Library
Nikol Pashinyan to Visit Netherlands
Shooter Hands Gun to Police After Negotiations
Welcome to Jerusalem: Greeting Text in Armenian Posted on Jerusalem Street Wall
President Sarkissian Raises Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition by Knesset in Israel
In Presidential First, Trump Will Attend Anti-Abortion March for Life
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
China Shuts Down Public Transport in City at Centre of Virus Outbreak
Armenian FM Holds Phone Conversation with Cypriot Counterpart
"Apparently, Under no Circumstances Artsakh can Become a Part of Azerbaijan" – Armenia MFA
PM Holds Consultation to Discuss Regional Development Issues
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Macron to Participate in Annual Dinner of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France
Absence of Armenia-Turkey Relations Challenge for Armenia’s Security: Armenia’s FM
Pashinyan Ensures Law Enforcement will Reveal all Circumstances of the Death of Former NSS Director
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Wind: 3 km/h