Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
David Cameron's revelation that he sought help from the Queen ahead of the Scottish independence vote in 2014 has caused displeasure at Buckingham Palace, a source has said.
A source told the BBC "it serves no-one's interests" for conversations between the PM and the Queen to be made public .
"It makes it very hard for the relationship to thrive," they added.
The former PM told the BBC he had asked whether the Queen could "raise an eyebrow" about the prospect of Scotland voting for independence.
The Queen later said people should "think carefully about the future".
Buckingham Palace has made no official comment on Mr Cameron's remarks.
- Boris Johnson Refuses to Grant Scotland Powers to Hold Independence Vote Instead he suggested that it is in Scotland's interest not to devote valuable time to discussions about whether the nation should become independent while there are urgent domestic issues to tackle.
- Three British Parties Agree to Vote against Brexit in the Election Such a pact means two of the parties would agree not to field a candidate, boosting the third candidate's chances.
- UK will not Extend Brexit Transition Period The spokesman said the government must continue to prepare for all possibilities including that the country leaves the European Union on Jan. 31 without a withdrawal deal.
- Brexit: Parliament Breaks Deadlock With Vote for 12 December Election Parliament will dissolve next Wednesday for a short campaign of five weeks, so long as the House of Lords passes Johnson’s legislation as expected in the coming days.
- EU Hopes to Endorse Brexit Delay to January 31 with Earlier Departure possible Any postponement to Brexit can only be granted unanimously by the 27 and French objections have so far prevented a decision as Johnson spars with lawmakers over calling an early election.
Serviceman Dies after Falling Down Ravine
Erdogan Says Somalia Has Invited Turkey to Explore for Oil in its Seas: NTV
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Greece Elects First Woman President
5.3 Million Euro for Hazardous Waste Management: Mayor and EU Ambassador Signed Memorandum
Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Nommed for IWF Lifter of the Year 2019 Award
Armenia a Favorite Destination for Expert-Led Tours
Gor Melikyan Appointed Armenian Deputy Minister of High-Tech Industry
Trump Says He doesn't Know "Very Angry" Greta Thunberg
President Sarkissian Meets with CEO of Apple Tim Cook in Davos
Armenian Parliament Passes bill to Tackle ‘Criminal Subculture’
Armenia’s PM Nikol Pashinyan to Speak Today About NSS Ex-Director Georgi Kutoyan’s Death Circumstances
Vartine Ohanian Becomes First Armenian Woman Minister in Lebanon’s History
President Sarkissian Met with the Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia
Contract Serviceman Dies in Artsak
Government Continues Discussing Programs and Activities to be Carried Out by Prime Minister’s Office in 2020
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia-EU Relations Progress in all Directions – Deputy PM Receives Vasilis Maragos
There Are no Clearly Defined Dates for the Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders' Meeting: Armenia's FM
Iranian MP Offers $3 Million Reward for 'Whoever Kills Trump': ISNA
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 4 km/h