Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8
Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
In a statement, the Irish prime minister - who has led a minority government since 2017 - said that he would ask the Irish president, Michael Higgins, to dissolve parliament on January 14.
Varadkar later posted a video on Twitter outlining what he sees as his achievements in power.
"We've made some good progress since I've become (prime minister)" he said. "But I know it's not enough, and we want to do much more.''
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- European Commission: Von der Leyen's New Team Confirmed by European Parliament Incumbent Jean-Claude Juncker tweeted his congratulations.
Negotiations Underway to Return Boeing to Yerevan today – Vice PM
Serzh Sargsyan: Levon Aronian Said he Would Return to Armenia when He is Treated Differently
Foreign Minister Ara Aivazian Had A Phone Conversation With Foreign Minister Of Sri Lanka
Serzh Sargsyan Responds to Allegations About him Being Behind the Statement of the General Staff
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to Mikhail Mishustin on His Birthday
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems
Armenia’s President Meets Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces
No Criminal Case Filed against Onik Gasparyan: Prosecutor General’s Office
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Congratulations to Bulgarian Prime Minister
Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops
Armenia Records 172816 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Myanmar's Ousted President Faces Two New Charges: Lawyer
Artsakh Emergency Service: Search for Missing Soldiers Continue
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Pope Francis Warns Mankind Will Face a Second Great Flood
Serzh Sargsyan Will Soon Touch Upon Issues of Public Interest
Some Roads Are Closed In Armenia
Members of Homeland Salvation Movement Demand Urgent Meeting with President
Armenia President Decides to Not Sign Draft Decree on Dismissing Army's General Staff Chief
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
A Wider Alliance Should Be Formed to Oppose Erdogan's Aggressive Policy
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Armenia National Flag is Blessed in Iraq’s Erbil (PHOTOS)
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Search Operations for War Casualties in Areas Beyond Artsakh’s Control Suspended Indefinitely
Wind: 6 km/h