Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8
Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
In a statement, the Irish prime minister - who has led a minority government since 2017 - said that he would ask the Irish president, Michael Higgins, to dissolve parliament on January 14.
Varadkar later posted a video on Twitter outlining what he sees as his achievements in power.
"We've made some good progress since I've become (prime minister)" he said. "But I know it's not enough, and we want to do much more.''
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- European Commission: Von der Leyen's New Team Confirmed by European Parliament Incumbent Jean-Claude Juncker tweeted his congratulations.
Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan is in Moscow
UAV Falls in Iran's Territory
US Rep. Urges Government to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence
Situation Is Stable and Under Control: MOD Representative
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Met with Former Presidents of Artsakh Republic Arkadi Ghukasyan and Bako Sahakyan
Tigran Balayan Concurrently Appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Putin, Macron Discuss Situation in Nagorno-Karabakh
Artsakh Downs another Turkish Bayraktar TB2 UAV
Defense Ministry of Armenia Denies Azerbaijan’s Announcement of Striking Goranboy and Tartar
Iran Plans Massive Air Defense Drill
Armenian Presidential Administration to Assist Families from Artsakh
Two Armenia Military Officers Posthumously Awarded Combat Cross Order of 1st Degree
Armenia Premier Dismisses Official From Office
Armen Hovhannisyan - New Deputy Minister of Justice of Armenia
Tiran Khachatryan And Andranik Piloyan Will Be Awarded The Title Of National Hero
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Enemy Retreats in the Southern Direction, Khudaferin Reservoir, Suffering Heavy Losses: Shushan Stepanyan
Armenian Church Sends Cross of King Ashot II the Iron, Relics of True Cross to Artsakh
Arayik Harutyunyan Received "My Step" Faction MPs of Armenia
The Inspirer and Direct Par-Ticipant of Azerbaijan’s Barbaric Behavior is Turkey: President’s Message to the Governor General of Canada
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
Macron Says Ready to Talk with Turkey, but Respect Needed
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Armenia's Healthcare Minister and Chinese Ambassador Discuss Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Application
Despite Your Best Efforts, Turkey, Azerbaijan... We Will Never Be Annihilated: Alexis Ohanian
Wind: 7 km/h