His Holiness Garegin II Addresses Message on 105th Anniversary of Armenian Genocide
His Holiness Garegin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, addressed a message on the Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day.
Armenpress presents the mssage:
"Dearly beloved Armenian people in the Homeland and the Diaspora,
Today we pay our tribute to the holy martyrs of the Armenian Genocide, who gave their lives for the sake of faith and the Homeland.
During the Genocide, our people became the witness of the massacre of one and a half million Armenian children, the destruction of their national-spiritual values, our sanctuaries, monasteries and churches, our villages and cities, as well as, they lost most of their historical Homeland.
Our martyrs, being suffered terribly, "became the participant of Christ sufferings, His death and decendant of His Resurrection" (Philippians 3.10), and staying steadfast in their faith, they were irresistible in spirit and moved from death to eternal life deserving the unfading crown of the Saints.
Dear faithful, this year, because of the pandemic, we do not have the opportunity to visit the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex, to get together in our churches and at the memorials to commemorate the memory of our holy martyrs. In this situation, in our homes and in the presence of immortal memory of our martyrs, with spiritual solidarity let us pray and make a vow to implement the national cherished visions for the safety of our free and independent Homeland, progress and prosperity, further development of the Diaspora, the universal recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide, for our fair judgment – victory of our demand.
We can make these dreams come true with a consciousness of duty and responsibility towards the nation and the Homeland, via national solidarity and uniting our efforts for the sake of the Homeland and the bright future of the Armenians.
Dear pious people, on this cherished day, we invite you to ask the intercession for our Holy Martyrs to God in heartfelt prayer, may our lives be in peace and solidarity under the blessings and grace of Risen Christ, may we overcome the trials we face, and may the Lord under His blessings and care protect our country and our people throughout the world, today and forever. Amen".
- Pro-Kurdish Party of Turkey: We Confront Armenian Genocide with Shame The Armenian Genocide has been recognized by dozens of parliaments around the world, but the parliament of the country of that crime does not speak about it for already 105 years.
- EU Delegation to Armenia: These Crimes Will Never Be Forgotten The EU Delegation to Armenia commemorates the victims of the tragic events that have led to the loss of so many innocent Armenian lives.
- PM Pays Tribute to Armenian Genocide Victims But due to the current state of emergency in the country because of the spread of COVID-19, the Prime Minister did not visit the memorial accompanied by the ruling elite, but only by his wife, Anna Hakobyan.
- It is With Deep Concern that I Must Note How Turkish Politicians are Taking a Look Back at their History "Crimes, indeed, genocides must be recognized as such in order to rule out repetition. It is with deep concern that I must note how Turkish politicians are taking a look back at their history, and currently...
- We Reiterate and Reaffirm Our Commitment to the Promotion of Historical Justice and the Prevention of New Genocides- – Armenia MFA Beginning 105 years ago, despite the pledges and promises of international security guarantees, the Armenian people were abandoned and defenseless in the face of this crime of genocide and vulnerable to...
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Hrant Dink Commemoration Events to be Held Online this Year
Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh Begin Coronavirus Vaccination
Armenia Records 163972 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Russian Foreign Ministry Informs US, French Ambassadors About Putin-Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Iran Fires Cruise Missiles during Naval Drill
Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic'
Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War
No Search Operations Planned in Artsakh at the Request of Azerbaijan
Feast of the Birth of St. John the Forerunner (Baptist)
Trump again Urges "No Violence" Following Historic 2nd Impeachment
Information Provided by Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan can’t Serve as Base for Prosecution against Them
Armenia Records 163576 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House of Representatives Impeaches Trump
Pilgrimage to Armenian St. Thaddeus Monastery in Iran Inscribed on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 12 km/h