Turkey Arrests Another Former Intelligence Officer in Hrant Dink Murder Case
Turkish security forces arrested another former gendarmerie intelligence officer on Tuesday, following a court ruling related to the killing of prominent Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink.
Police officers found Okan Simsek in western Manisa province, Anadolu Agency reported, citing a security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media. An arrest warrant was issued for Simsek by Heavy Penal Court No.14 in Istanbul.
He was nabbed at an address in Yunusemre district and jailed after being referred to a courthouse, the source added.
Earlier last week, the Istanbul court ordered the arrest of two former gendarmerie intelligence officers – Volkan Sahin and Veysal Sahin – in the same case.
Dink, then editor-in-chief of the Armenian daily Agos, was shot dead outside his office on January 19, 2007, Panorama.am reports.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Commemoration of Sts. Gregory the Thaumaturge, Pontiff Nikoghayos and Bishop Muron
Prime Minister of Armenia Sums Up the Results of the Trilateral Meeting in Sochi
Armenia Defense Minister Meets with Karabakh President, Situation on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact Discussed
Congratulatory Message of Stanislav Zas to Suren Papikyan
Armenian Prime Minister, Russian President, Azerbaijani President Adopt Joint Statement
Armenia is Ready to Start the Process of Border Delimitation and Demarcation: the Speech of Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan at Trilateral Negotiations in Sochi
Armenia, Belarus Seek to Increase Mutual Trade
Putin Will Hold a Meeting of Security Council on November 26: Peskov
Putin Regrets that Incidents Still Occur in Karabakh
Putin Holds Bilateral Meeting with Aliyev
President of the Artsakh Republic Sent a Condolence Letter to Vladimir Putin
Armenian Embassy Condemns New “Despicable and Futile” Azeri Propaganda Provocation in Thessaloniki
PM Pashinyan Arrives in Sochi on a Working Visit
Delegation Led by RA NA President Alen Simonyan Takes Part in Conference and IPA CIS Council Meeting in Saint Petersburg
Azerbaijan Returns Two Armenian Captives
PM Pashinyan Pays Working Visit to Russia
Armenia Records 337005 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Roads are Mainly Passable in the Republic of Armenia
Armenian, Russian Military Held Joint Drills
Alen Simonyan Meets with Director of Europe Regional Office at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Saint Petersburg
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
Trilateral Working Group Most Optimal Format for Unblocking Communications: Zakharova
PM Pashinyan receives Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the RF Armed Forces
The Government Will Provide Another Financial Assistance of 13 Billion 575 Million AMD to the Republic of Artsakh
Armenia Records 304546 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Facebook Changes Its Name to Meta in Major Rebrand
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Biden Meets with Pope Francis at the Vatican