Turkey's Attempts to Kill Two Birds with One Stone
Last week, radical changes took placein
At the same time
What was the reason for such a dramatic change in Turkish foreign policy?
Because of the Turkish Government’s unwillingness or inability, Turkish-Syrian border has become the primary entrance and exit path for IS militants. Together with this, though it may sound strange, the Turkish authorities were not only able to prevent IS militants from launching terrorist activities in the country, but also, in case of necessity, they were coming to a confidential agreement with terrorists.
For example, last year in June, when the IS militants seized the city of Mosul, in quite a strange way the Turkish authorities managed to reach an agreement with the "Islamic State’" and free the Turkish consulate employees from the hands of terrorists, exchanging them with prisoners.
But more recent developments and the terrorist actions in
As always, this time, too,
This naturally resulted to a new wave of rebellion by Kurdish people in
Whether the Turkish authorities are able to confront all challenges and become the winner in all three fronts, is too early to say, but the experience has shown that the attempts of the government keeping the public in a cage for concealing the existing problems within the country has been fatal , first of all, for the ruling regime.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
- GOP Chairman Warns of ISIS's ‘Cyber Caliphate’ “It is good that we by and large have taken away the physical caliphate,” Johnson, the chair of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said during remarks at a hearing on...
- Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, head of National Intelligence Service (MIT) Hakan Fidan and Presidential Spokesman İbrahim Kalın as well as U.S. Special Representative for Syria James Jeffrey...
- Trump Meets with Freed American Pastor Andrew Brunson Brunson thanked Trump in the Oval Office, saying "you really fought for us, unusually so, from the time you took office." He also thanked members of Congress on both sides of the aisle who had worked for...
- Erdogan Suggests Referendum on Turkey's EU Accession Process "Countries that applied at the same time, or after Turkey, have become members of the EU before us. If you are not going to let Turkey in, just let us know so that we don't tire ourselves anymore. Apparently...
- European Parliament Voted To Cut Financial Support To Turkey The European Parliament has voted to cut financial support to Turkey by 70 million Euros (80.8 million dollars) due to concerns over human rights and rule of law in the country.
- Erdogan Has Limited Options to Save Turkey from Financial Crisis: Reuters Erdogan has limited options. Most involve a loss of face or a loss of sovereignty for which he alone would be blamed, having successfully marginalized not just a divided opposition but his own Justice...
President Views as Desirable UNESCO’s Participation to the Preservation of the Cultural and Historical Heritage of Gyumri
Draft Brexit Deal Reached between UK and EU
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
President Discussed with the Leadership of THALES and OpenClassrooms Opportunities of Cooperation in Armenia
Austrian Court Orders not to Put Col. Suspected of Spying for Russia in Custody
Hamas Hits Buildings in Israel
Azerbaijani Reporter Stationed in Russia Suspected in Espionage
Brexit Deal Is Possible In Next 24-48 Hours
OSCE/ODIHR to Conduct "Large-Scale" Election Observation in Armenia
Armenia Is Following The Processes On Sanctions Against Iran
Abbas Urged the International Community to Intervene in the Situation on the Gaza Strip
OSCE Monitoring In The Eastern Direction Of Artsakh’s Hadrut Region
Reddit’s Alexis Ohanian Launches Armenian Brandy (video)
California Fires: Trump Issues Major Disaster Declaration as Deadly Fires Plague State
Iranian Hackers Suspected in Austal Cyber Attack
Acting PM’s Wife Visits Armen Dzhigarkhanyan in Moscow
Armenia Acquires Artsakh Made UAVs – New Weapons of Armenian Arms Industry in the Stage of Production
Iranian Military Ready to Protect Oil Tankers against Threats: Deputy Commander
Tonoyan: Armenian Unit Will Head to Syria Soon
Operative Communication between Armenia and Azerbaijan Functions Uninterruptedly
The Armenian delegation to PACE managed to prevent amendments to one of the resolutions proposed by Azerbaijani delegation. Arpine Hovhannisyan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Wind: 12.87 km/h