French Military Forces Will not Fight against IS on the Ground in Syria
The French government will not send its military forces to fight against the Islamic State terrorists on the ground in Syria, French President Francois Hollande stated at a joint press conference with US President Barack Obama on Tuesday.
"France will not intervene militarily on the ground. It is for the local forces to do so," Hollande said.
French President also stated that France and Russia are to discuss intelligence sharing in Moscow as the two countries must better coordinate efforts against the Islamic State in Syria, Sputnik News reports.
According to Hollande, the United States and France have agreed to increase the number of airstrikes against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq in oder to destroy the terrorist organization.
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of...
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
Migrant Caravan Demands Biden Administration 'Honors Its Commitments'
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
351 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Indonesia’s Quake Death Toll Reaches at Least 56
Armenia Sees Decline in Pastry, Ice Cream Production
Powerful Earthquake in Indonesia Kills at Least 67, Injures Hundreds
Sadyr Japarov Wins 79.23% of Votes in Presidential Election in Kyrgyzstan
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
IRGC Launches Ballistic Missiles
263 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia Per Day
Azerbaijani Side Hands Over Bodies of Two Dead Armenian Servicemen
Indonesia Quake Kills at Least 42, Injures Hundreds
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 6 km/h