Operation against Islamic State Costs $11 Million Per Day
The total cost of the US operation against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria thus far has been $5.53 billion, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesman Colonel Steve Warren told reporters on Wednesday.
"As of December 15, the total cost of the operation here in Iraq and Syria thus far has been $5.53 billion. That works to $11 million per day'', said Warren.
According to Warren the international coalition against the Islamic State has flown 65,492 sorties and carried out 9,782 airstrikes of which 3,266 in Syria, Sputnik News reports.
Besides, the US-led coalition of 65 nations has provided basic combat training for 16,715 personnel to fight against the terror group.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Erdogan Says Syria's Idlib Slowly Disappearing Idlib, in Syria’s northwest corner, is the only big chunk of the country still in rebel hands after over eight years of war.
- Syrian Gov't Agrees to Conditional Ceasefire in Rebel-Held Idlib SANA cited a Syrian military source who announced the government's "approval for a ceasefire in the de-escalation zone in Idlib starting from tonight", on the condition that rebels withdraw forces and...
- US and Turkey Begin Syria ‘Security Zone’ Talks in Ankara The idea of a security zone was first mooted by U.S. President Donald Trump in January, in a call with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at a moment when Turkey was threatening to launch an...
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
Artsakh Republic Parliament Speaker Invites Alexis Ohanian to Visit Artsakh
Artsakh Republic President Attended a Solemn Opening Ceremony of a Capitally Renovated School in Kashatagh
Hassan Rouhani Is Expected in Yerevan on October 1: Pashinyan
Armenia's President Signs Decree to Dismiss NSS Chief
A Historic Agreement between Serbs and Albanians Is the Only Way to Achieve Lasting Peace: Serbian Prime Minister
National Security Service Director of Armenia Resigns
Trump Denies Media Reports He’s Willing to Meet With Iran With "No Conditions"
Iran Denies Launching Drone Attacks on Saudi Oil Facility
Trump: U.S. ‘Locked And Loaded’ For Response To Attack On Saudi Oil Sites
"Armenia has been and Remains a Crossroad of Civilizations" – President Sarkissian
Trump Authorizes Release of Emergency Oil Reserve "if Needed" after Attack on Saudi Oil Sites
Kim Jong-un Proposes Trump to Meet in Pyongyang – Report
Armenian Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Kicks off Official Visit to Lithuania
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Karina Ignatyan to Represent Armenia at Junior Eurvision 2019
Bako Sahakyan Took Part at a Baptize Ceremony of the April War Martyr's Relatives
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia, in Connection with the Demise of his Mother
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Temperature Will Gradually Go Up By 4-5 Degrees.
Relatives of Four-Day Artsakh War Heroes to Be Baptized at Armenian Church in Shushi
Armen Sarkissian Send Condolence Telegram on Death of His Holiness Aram I's Mother
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Not Rejection But Eexpression of Ssovereignty: Armenia’s FM on PM’s Decision Not to Participate in Economic Forum in Poland
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Wind: 8 km/h