Operation against Islamic State Costs $11 Million Per Day
The total cost of the US operation against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria thus far has been $5.53 billion, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesman Colonel Steve Warren told reporters on Wednesday.
"As of December 15, the total cost of the operation here in Iraq and Syria thus far has been $5.53 billion. That works to $11 million per day'', said Warren.
According to Warren the international coalition against the Islamic State has flown 65,492 sorties and carried out 9,782 airstrikes of which 3,266 in Syria, Sputnik News reports.
Besides, the US-led coalition of 65 nations has provided basic combat training for 16,715 personnel to fight against the terror group.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan “We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Syrian Gov't Agrees to Conditional Ceasefire in Rebel-Held Idlib SANA cited a Syrian military source who announced the government's "approval for a ceasefire in the de-escalation zone in Idlib starting from tonight", on the condition that rebels withdraw forces and...
- US and Turkey Begin Syria ‘Security Zone’ Talks in Ankara The idea of a security zone was first mooted by U.S. President Donald Trump in January, in a call with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at a moment when Turkey was threatening to launch an...
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
Trump Dampens Macron Optimism on Iran Talks
Trump Says 'Certainly Possible' Putin Could Be Invited to G-7
More Than 50 Armenian Passengers Standed at Sharm El Sheikh Airport
Gyumri Day is Celebrated, Armenia PM to Attend
Armenia PM Has Congratulated the People of Kapan
Netanyahu Hails Israel Strikes Against Syria to Foil Iran 'Killer Drone Attack'
Malatia Mall Fire Contained at Dawn
Stepanakert Airport Hosts Third Artsakh Airfest
Macron Opens G7 Summit with Working Dinner
French Wine-Makers Hope for G7 Detente with Trump Over Tariffs
President Sarkissian Congratulates Zelensky on Ukrainian Independence Day
President Sahakyan Visited a Number of Water Supply Facilities in Stepanakert
5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
Amazon Fires: Brazil Sends Army to Help Tackle Blazes
Armenian PM Congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
Turkey's Erdogan to Visit Russia
Trump Says He’s Ordering American Companies to Immediately Start Looking for an Alternative to China
PM Nikol Pashinyan’s Congratulatory Message on Independence Declaration Anniversary
China to Impose 10%, 5% Extra Tariffs on $75 Billion Worth of US Imports
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Conscript Ghazaryan had no injuries before appearing on Azerbaijani territory: Investigative Committee
Wind: 15 km/h