Angela Merkel to Pay Visit to Russia on May 2
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will make her first visit to Russia in two years on May 2 to hold talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Black Sea resort city of Sochi, TASS reports.
German Government Spokesman Steffen Seibert said the leaders will hold two rounds of talks and answer reporters’ questions. According to Seibert, the reason for the visit to Russia is preparations for the G20 summit in Hamburg in July.
The talks are expected to focus on the Ukrainian crisis, the conflict in Syria and the situation in Libya, as well as bilateral relations, he said.
Last time, Merkel and Putin met in November 2016 in Berlin.
- Alexander Novak: Russia reached agreement with Azerbaijan on increase of natural gas deliveries "There is an agreement with Azerbaijan to increase our supplies because they still have a gas deficit," he said.
- UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.
- Russia and Iran To Introduce a Visa-free Regime The mode will be valid for groups of 5 to 50 people.
- Russia MFA: Azerbaijan-EU Natural Gas Agreement Does not Contradict Baku Allied Cooperation with Moscow Each and every country has the right to independently decide how and with whom to develop its relations, including in the oil and natural gas sector.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
Turkey and Azerbaijan plan to conduct more than 10 joint military exercises in 2023
NATO blames Russia for failing to comply with new START Treaty
European Commission points to Kiev's deficits as part of EU acceptance process
Despite the geopolitical tension, mutual trade in EAEU continues to show positive dynamics: Pashinyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian parliament opposition holds hearings on Azerbaijan's Artsakh blockade
Artsakh Foreign Minister Sends Letters to Ambassadors of a Number of Countries in Armenia
Lilit Makunts briefed the US Middle East Institute president on peace agenda of Armenia
Congressman Pallone joins demonstrators at Capitol opposing Azerbaijan’s blockade of Lachin corridor
Development of digital economy has been and remains one of the most important priorities for Armenia: Pashinyan at Digital Almaty 2023
Commemoration of the Prophet Jonah
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Preventing a second Armenian Genocide: Ruben Vardanyan participated in the Columbia University online discussion
Turkish, Russian, Syrian delegations to meet soon: Turkish defense minister
Our top priority is to preserve Russia: Putin
Nikol Pashinyan and Mikhail Mishustin meet in Almaty
EU intends to impose new anti-Russian sanctions by special op anniversary
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Khachatryan received the representatives of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Turkish Defense Minister also demands 'Zangezur corridor'
Nikol Pashinyan participates in the narrow-format session of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
We highly appreciate the appeal of the European Parliament to the international community: Artsakh Foreign Ministry
Armenian Caucus leaders urge Biden Administration to consider emergency airlift, Azerbaijan sanctions to end Artsakh blockade
Ararat Mirzoyan received Anne Louyot, the Ambassador of France to Armenia
Wind: 0.51 km/h