Astana Talks On Syria Kick Off
The delegations will spend the first day in consultations and on May 4 a plenary session will be held.
Russia’s delegation in Astana will be led by the presidential special envoy for the Syrian crisis settlement Alexander Lavrentiev, Iran's delegation is headed by Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Ansari, and Turkey's delegation is led by Deputy Foreign Minister Sedat Onal.
Special representative of the UN Secretary-General Staffan de Mistura and Nauaf Oufi Tel, political adviser to Jordan’s Foreign Minister, will take part in the meeting as observers. For the first time, the US will be represented on a higher level at the meeting - US Assistant Secretary of State for Middle East Affairs Stuart Jones will arrive in Astana.
The delegation of the Syrian government will be headed by the permanent representative of Syria to the United Nations, Bashar Jaafari, the delegation of the armed opposition will be led by the representative of the Jaysh al-Islam group Mohammed Allush.To note, on the eve of the forum, expert discussions took place between the official Damascus and Iran, Russia and Turkey, Iran and Turkey.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
- The Ceasefire In Idlib Is Being Observed The ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib that was agreed by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin is being observed and the situation on the ground is calm, Russia’s RIA news...
- MFAs Of Russia And Iran Discussed The Situation In Idlib Iranian and Russian Foreign Ministers Mohammad Javad Zarif and Sergey Lavrov held telephone conversations, during which they also discussed the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19, the situation in...
- Putin, Erdogan to Discuss Syrian Settlement, Situation in Idlib on March 5 Earlier, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov stressed that Moscow was committed to the Sochi agreements and Syria’s territorial integrity.
8 Coronavirus Patients in Armenia Are in Very Critical Condition
PM to Keep in Spotlight Capital Programs
Eduardo Eurnekian to Provide Armenia Government $250,000 to Help Fight Coronavirus
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Oil Falls After Saudi Arabia, Russia Delay Meeting
People Must Apply Until Monday 11:59pm for Customs Clearance of Cars Purchased in 2019 but not Imported to Armenia
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Reuters: UK PM Johnson will Continue to Lead Government, Housing Minister Jenrick Says
Fitch Revises Outlook on Armenia to Negative; Affirms at 'BB-'
The Indian Express: Statue of Unity Put Up "For Sale" on OLX for COVID-19 Donations
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
BBC: PM Admitted to Hospital Over Virus Symptoms
Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire, Wounds Artsakh Defense Army Soldier
Guardian: Ireland's PM Returns to Medical Practice to Help in Coronavirus Crisis
BBC: Tiger at Bronx Zoo Tests Positive For Covid-19
Armenia Records 833 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Trump Threatens Tariffs on Oil Imports
France24: Japan Expected to Declare State of Emergency Over Coronavirus
CNN: Pope Francis Celebrated Palm Sunday Mass in an Empty Church
30 Armenian Citizens Arrived From the Netherlands
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
Opening Armenia’s Embassy in Tel Aviv Contradicts with Interests of Palestinian Nation: Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
Wind: 6 km/h