Catalonia to Hold General Strike in Protest at Police Violence
More than 840 people were injured in clashes with police after the Guardia Civil tried to close polling stations across Catalonia, violently removing people who were attempting to vote.
In response, the Catalonian government has approved a 'go-slow' of public transport services, which will operate at 25 percent capacity during the morning and evening rush hours. Inter-regional transport services will reportedly operate at 33 percent capacity.
The workers groups called for a 'nationwide' work stoppage across Catalonia on Tuesday October 3 in protest at the abuse of power by the Spanish National Police, the Guardia Civil.
- Barcelona Rocked by Violence as Catalan Protesters Clash with Police The general strike that brought the Catalan capital to a standstill drew over half a million people, according to police estimates, and was largely peaceful for most of the day.
- Catalan New President Did Not Mention of Obeying the Spanish Constitution Torra, a hardline Catalan nationalist handpicked by the region’s deposed president, Carles Puigdemont, was elected by 66 votes to 65 on Monday and assumed office at a low-key ceremony in Barcelona on...
- Puigdemont Refuses to be Catalonia's President In a video from his self-imposed exile in Berlin, Mr Puigdemont named Quim Torra to be a candidate for the presidency of the region.
- Clashes in Catalonia over Puigdemont's Arrest The situation in Barcelona escalated in the evening as protesters fought running battles with riot police. Local authorities reported dozens of injuries and many arrests.
- Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype The two options - which would either see Puigdemont attending the Parliament on a video call or a delegate reading the inauguration speech on his behalf - are currently being studied by lawyers.
The OSCE Mission Conducted Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Erdogan Wants to Steal Part of Syrian Soil and Its Natural Resources, Assad Says
Pompeo: Trump 'Fully Prepared' to Take Military Action if Needed
Minsk Package of Measures has no Alternative for Ukraine Settlement, say Putin and Macron
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pentagon Draws up Plans for Quick Afghanistan Withdrawal in Case Trump Blindsides Military
In Ancient Throne Ritual, Japanese Emperor Naruhito Vows to Fulfill Duty
Bolivia: Protests Mount as Electoral Body Says Evo Morales is Close to Victory
Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party Wins Canada's General Election
Croatia Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement
RA Prime Minister, India Ambassador Discuss Issues of Economic Cooperation
PACE Urges Azerbaijan to Lift Restrictions on Peaceful Demonstrations
Armenian PM Sends Condolences to Russian President
European Championship: Monte Mkhitaryan Wins Small Gold Medal
Medvedev Says Foreign Investors not Losing Interest in Russia Despite Sanctions
Armenia's Delegation Led By Defense Minister Departs for China
OSCE Conference on Freedom of Media Due in Moscow With Support of Russian Foreign Ministry
Armenian President Sends Condolence Letter to Russian Counterpart
N. Pashinyan: We Have Substantial Drop in Unemployment Since 2nd Quarter of 2019
Armenian FM to Pay Working Visit to UK
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Kim Kardashian Baptized in Armenia's Etchmiadzin: Christian Name Heghine
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Armenia’s PM Condemns Distortion of History by Azerbaijani President, Describes it As Disrespect Toward Armenia and Heads of CIS Countries
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 6 km/h