Special Meeting of the European Council to be Held Today
EU27 leaders will meet to endorse the draft Brexit withdrawal agreement and to approve the draft political declaration on future EU-UK relations today on 25 November 2018. European Council's official webpage informs about this. The meeting will launch in less than 15 minutes - at 12:30 Yerevan time (09:30 Brussels time).
In his invitation letter addressed to the EU27 leaders, President Donald Tusk recommends the approval of the outcome of the Brexit negotiations:
"We were all looking for a good and fair agreement. And I believe that we have finally found the best possible compromise. Given all of the above, I will recommend that on Sunday we approve the outcome of the Brexit negotiations."
The summit was called by President Donald Tusk on 15 November 2018, after his meeting with EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier, who presented to him the draft text as agreed with the UK at the level of the negotiators.
On 22 November, European Council President Donald Tusk sent the EU27 member states the draft political declaration setting out the framework for the future relationship between the EU and the UK. It has been agreed at negotiators' level and agreed in principle at political level, subject to the endorsement of the leaders.
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- UK and Japan Agree Historic Free Trade Agreement But it is unclear whether the UK has won an export quota to match the one it had as a member of the EU.
- Boris Johnson Tells EU that Free Trade Deal Must be Done by 15 October In that case, Britain would be ready to find sensible accommodation with the bloc on practical issues such as flights, lorry transport or scientific cooperation, according to the excerpts.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
Sweden and Finland Don't Comply With Turkey's Extradition Requests
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
UAE Embassy Offers Condolences Over Market Blast
OSCE Secretary General Offers Condolences Over Deadly Blast at Armenia’s Surmalu Market
No Indication of Terrorism or Criminal Intent in Surmalu Blast: Argishti Kyaramyan
PM Says He Had Ordered Authorities to Collect Information on Hazardous Material Storage Sites after Beirut Blast
President Vahagn Khachaturyan’s Message of Condolences
Russian Diplomat Reassures Armenians Over Corridor In Karabakh
Nagorno Karabakh Conflict: United States Reiterates Need for a Negotiated, Comprehensive, and Sustainable Settlement
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Mikhail Mishustin
Turkey Decides to Restore Diplomatic Relations with Israel
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake Hits Eastern Turkey
Book of Condolences Opened at All Armenia Diplomatic Missions Abroad
The President of Kazakhstan Sends Condolence Message to Prime Minister Pashinyan
No bombs found at Shirak international airport, railway station
Parliament to Debate Banning Fireworks
Embassy of Georgia in Armenia Expresses Condolences to Families of Victims of Surmalu Blast
Armenia Prosecutor General’s Office: No One is Charged in Yerevan Market Blast Case
Artsakh Also Declares August 17-18 Mourning Days
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
Mourad Papazian Starting Legal Action Over Armenia Entry Ban
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT
Russia is Not Against Involvement of Extra-Regional Players in Normalization of Yerevan-Baku Relations
The Armenian Side Conveyed Proposals Regarding the Activities of the Peacekeepers to the Russian Leadership in 2021: MFA
Vahagn Khachaturyan received the President of the General Assembly of the United Nations Abdulla Shahid
Armenia Deputy PM Matevosyan Receives AMD Technology Company Vice Presidents
Reconstruction of Lachin Bypass to Begin in August 2022
Turkish FM Expects 'Concrete Steps' from Yerevan in Normalization Process
Wind: 2.57 km/h