Britain can Withdraw its Brexit Notice Unilaterally: EU Court of Justice
The European Court of Justice's advocate general said on Tuesday Britain has the right to withdraw its Brexit notice from the European Union unilaterally.
The non-binding advice comes as the British parliament begins five days of debates on Prime Minister Theresa May's proposed Brexit deal with the EU before voting on it on December 11, Euronews reports.
"Advocate General (Manuel) Campos Sanchez-Bordona proposes that the Court of Justice should declare that Article 50 ...allows the unilateral revocation of the notification of the intention to withdraw from the EU," the ECJ, the EU's top court, stated.
"That possibility continues to exist until such time as the withdrawal agreement is formally concluded," is mentioned in a statement.
While the advocate general's opinions are not binding, the court tends to follow them in its final rulings. It was not known when it would announce its decision, but there are indications it will be fast-tracked before the end of the year.
- US Hits EU With Ultimatum US officials warned their EU counterparts that they may be left alone in the face of threats, supposedly including Russia, if Brussels rejected the US defence companies' participation in the creation of...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Short Brexit Extension is Possible but Conditional: Donald Tusk Tusk mentioned that he "did not foresee" the need for an additional extraordinary meeting to discuss Brexit after the summit.
- ''Hundreds'' Of Chinese, Russia Agents ''Operating'' In Brussels: Report Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said....
- France Denounced "Unacceptable" Meeting between Italy's Deputy Prime Minister and 'Yellow Vest" Protesters France denounced an "unacceptable" meeting between Italy's populist deputy prime minister Luigi Di Maio and one of the leaders of France's anti-government ''yellow vest" protesters this week.
- Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum Buckingham Palace has made no official comment on Mr Cameron's remarks.
- Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
- Brexit: Scottish Judges Rule Parliament Suspension is Unlawful The Court of Session decision overturns an earlier ruling from the court, which said last week that Mr Johnson had not broken the law.
- Boris Johnson’s second bid to call General Election Fails Opposition parties united to block Johnson's bid to take the country to the polls, distrustful of the prime minister and wary of any chicanery that could see the administration change the date of the election...
- Brexit: U.K. Parliament to Be Suspended After Vote on General Election At present, UK law states that the country will leave the EU on 31 October, regardless of whether a withdrawal deal has been agreed with Brussels or not.
PM Introduces NSS Interim Director to NSS Senior Staff
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Meets Trump
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Trump Whistleblower Complaint Involves Ukraine: Report
Nikol Pashinyan Calls at Public TV Headquarters
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Hold Meeting in New York City
Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen
Joe Biden Calls for Reaffirmation of U.S. Record on the Armenian Genocide
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
PM receives HSBC Bank Executive Director for Europe
PM receives Boeing International Corporation Vice President-Led Delegation
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
Iran's Zarif Warns of 'All-out War'
Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Wall During Visit to U.S.-Mexico Border (video)
Armenia’s PM Appoints Acting chiefs of National Security Service, Police
UAE to Join US-Led Naval Coalition in Gulf
Bako Sahakyan Received President of the Armenian Athletic Federation
Suicide Bomb in Southern Afghanistan, Kills at Least 20
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Georgian Parliament Approves New Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia
Wind: 8 km/h