Theresa May Has Won A Vote Of Confidence
Prime Minister Theresa May has won a vote of confidence in her leadership of the Conservative Party by 200 to 117, BBC reports.
After securing 63% of the total vote, she is now immune from a leadership challenge for a year. The prime minister won the confidence vote with a majority of 83, with 63% of Conservative MPs backing her and 37% voting against her.
Speaking in Downing Street, she vowed to deliver the Brexit "people voted for" but said she had listened to the concerns of MPs who voted against her.
Her supporters urged the party to move on but critics said losing the support of a third of MPs was "devastating".
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- UK and Japan Agree Historic Free Trade Agreement But it is unclear whether the UK has won an export quota to match the one it had as a member of the EU.
- Boris Johnson Tells EU that Free Trade Deal Must be Done by 15 October In that case, Britain would be ready to find sensible accommodation with the bloc on practical issues such as flights, lorry transport or scientific cooperation, according to the excerpts.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
China Demands US Stop All Official Contacts With Taiwan
Armenian National Security Service Submits Bill on Setting Up Border Crossing Points with Azerbaijan
Foreign Minister of Armenia Had a Phone Conversation with Foreign Minister of Cyprus
UN Secretary-General Guterres visits the University in Lviv
Alen Simonyan Receives Letters of Condolence
Sweden and Finland Don't Comply With Turkey's Extradition Requests
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
UAE Embassy Offers Condolences Over Market Blast
OSCE Secretary General Offers Condolences Over Deadly Blast at Armenia’s Surmalu Market
No Indication of Terrorism or Criminal Intent in Surmalu Blast: Argishti Kyaramyan
PM Says He Had Ordered Authorities to Collect Information on Hazardous Material Storage Sites after Beirut Blast
President Vahagn Khachaturyan’s Message of Condolences
Russian Diplomat Reassures Armenians Over Corridor In Karabakh
Nagorno Karabakh Conflict: United States Reiterates Need for a Negotiated, Comprehensive, and Sustainable Settlement
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Mikhail Mishustin
Turkey Decides to Restore Diplomatic Relations with Israel
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake Hits Eastern Turkey
Book of Condolences Opened at All Armenia Diplomatic Missions Abroad
The President of Kazakhstan Sends Condolence Message to Prime Minister Pashinyan
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
Mourad Papazian Starting Legal Action Over Armenia Entry Ban
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT
Russia is Not Against Involvement of Extra-Regional Players in Normalization of Yerevan-Baku Relations
The Armenian Side Conveyed Proposals Regarding the Activities of the Peacekeepers to the Russian Leadership in 2021: MFA
Vahagn Khachaturyan received the President of the General Assembly of the United Nations Abdulla Shahid
Armenia Deputy PM Matevosyan Receives AMD Technology Company Vice Presidents
Reconstruction of Lachin Bypass to Begin in August 2022
Turkish FM Expects 'Concrete Steps' from Yerevan in Normalization Process
Wind: 5.14 km/h