Short Brexit Extension is Possible but Conditional: Donald Tusk
“A short Brexit extension is "possible" but "conditional", EU Council President Donald Tusk said on Wednesday, in a short press conference in reaction to UK PM Theresa May's decision to ask Brussels for a Brexit extension until June 30, Euronews reported.
The condition for an extension is for the British parliament to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement deal that Prime Minister Theresa May struck with the EU, Tusk stated.
The head of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, recommended the UK to withdraw from the EU before the European Parliament elections, which will be held in May 2019.
The EU27 leaders will meet to discuss Brexit at the European Council in Brussels on March 21.
Tusk mentioned that he "did not foresee" the need for an additional extraordinary meeting to discuss Brexit after the summit.
In a letter to the EU sent on Wednesday, May requested an extension to Article 50, which she triggered on 29 March 2019 and gave the UK two years to negotiate its EU exit.
- US Hits EU With Ultimatum US officials warned their EU counterparts that they may be left alone in the face of threats, supposedly including Russia, if Brussels rejected the US defence companies' participation in the creation of...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- ''Hundreds'' Of Chinese, Russia Agents ''Operating'' In Brussels: Report Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said....
- France Denounced "Unacceptable" Meeting between Italy's Deputy Prime Minister and 'Yellow Vest" Protesters France denounced an "unacceptable" meeting between Italy's populist deputy prime minister Luigi Di Maio and one of the leaders of France's anti-government ''yellow vest" protesters this week.
- Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Met with "Yellow Vest" Protests Leader in Paris Italy's deputy prime minister, Luigi Di Maio of the anti-establishemnt Five Star Movement, on 5 February in Paris met with "yellow vest" protests leader, Christophe Chalencon, and aslo with European Parliament...
- UK’s Johnson Threatens to Withhold $50 Billion Brexit Payment The 39 billion pounds represents outstanding British liabilities to the EU, which would be paid over a number of years according to the withdrawal agreement negotiated by May.
- France's Macron Urges Brexit Clarity After May Resignation But he stressed the need to "maintain the smooth functioning of the EU, which requires swift clarification".
- Brexit is Not a Threat to British Prosperity: Johnson But Britain should also focus on leaving the EU, with MPs agreeing not to revoke Article 50, which began the exit process.
- Theresa May's Withdrawal Bill Delayed On Wednesday, Theresa May told the Commons that the legislation would be published on Friday.
- Donald Tusk: Chance of Brexit Being Cancelled Could be 30% “The referendum was at the worst possible moment, it is the result of a wrong political calculation,” Tusk said in an interview with the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (GW) that was shared with the...
Anti-Trump Activists Hold Rallies Across US to Call for Impeachment
Iran's Foreign Ministry Summons UK Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Visited the Regions of Askeran and Martakert
Bihar: Heatwave Claims 29 Lives in Three Districts
Weather Forecast in Armenia: Short-Term Rain with Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Around 140 Times
Putin Gives Chinese President Ice-Cream on His 66th Birthday
Armenian PM, German Bundestag Vice President Discuss Issues of Mutual Interest
White House Guests Sing 'Happy Birthday' to Trump (VIDEO)
Artsakh MFA Welcomes the Statements by the Mayors of the French Cities on Their Intention to Maintain the Friendly Relations with the People of Artsakh
"The Policy of Working with the Diaspora Should be Made More Effective" - PM Receives Zareh Sinanyan
Armenia is the 97th in FIFA Ranking
EU Calls For Maximum Restraint As US Blames Iran For Tanker Attacks
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
China Flood Death Toll Jumps to 61
Sudan Military Admits It Ordered Brutal Crackdown on Protesters
Britain Backs U.S. in Blaming Iran For Tanker Attacks
Swiss Women Strike For More Money, Time And Respect
Trump Says Neither Iran Nor US Are Ready to Make a Deal
Sudan Charges Ousted Leader al-Bashir With Corruption
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Despite the Obstacles Imposed by Azerbaijan, Artsakh’s International Ties will Continue to Expand and Deepen
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Wind: 8 km/h