Short Brexit Extension is Possible but Conditional: Donald Tusk
“A short Brexit extension is "possible" but "conditional", EU Council President Donald Tusk said on Wednesday, in a short press conference in reaction to UK PM Theresa May's decision to ask Brussels for a Brexit extension until June 30, Euronews reported.
The condition for an extension is for the British parliament to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement deal that Prime Minister Theresa May struck with the EU, Tusk stated.
The head of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, recommended the UK to withdraw from the EU before the European Parliament elections, which will be held in May 2019.
The EU27 leaders will meet to discuss Brexit at the European Council in Brussels on March 21.
Tusk mentioned that he "did not foresee" the need for an additional extraordinary meeting to discuss Brexit after the summit.
In a letter to the EU sent on Wednesday, May requested an extension to Article 50, which she triggered on 29 March 2019 and gave the UK two years to negotiate its EU exit.
- ''Hundreds'' Of Chinese, Russia Agents ''Operating'' In Brussels: Report Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said....
- France Denounced "Unacceptable" Meeting between Italy's Deputy Prime Minister and 'Yellow Vest" Protesters France denounced an "unacceptable" meeting between Italy's populist deputy prime minister Luigi Di Maio and one of the leaders of France's anti-government ''yellow vest" protesters this week.
- Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Met with "Yellow Vest" Protests Leader in Paris Italy's deputy prime minister, Luigi Di Maio of the anti-establishemnt Five Star Movement, on 5 February in Paris met with "yellow vest" protests leader, Christophe Chalencon, and aslo with European Parliament...
- European Parliament Recognised Juan Guaido as De Facto Head of Venezuela The European Parliament recognised Venezuela’s self-declared interim president Juan Guaido as de facto head of state today on Thursday
- Theresa May Has Won A Vote Of Confidence Prime Minister Theresa May has won a vote of confidence in her leadership of the Conservative Party by 200 to 117, BBC reports.
- EU Agrees to Brexit Extension Once Again Leaders of the countries remaining in the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31.
- The British Parliament Approves a Law to Avoid Brexit Without Agreement An unusual alliance between parties, led by the Labor Yvette Cooper and the conservative Oliver Letwin, allowed the approval of the law in the absence of five days for the date set for the Brexit, on April...
- Brexit Delay Law Approved by UK's House of Commons The prime minister would be forced to ask the European Union for an extension to the Article 50 process beyond April 12, if she had failed to get her deal passed by that date. Parliament would have the...
- British MPs Rejected All the Eight Options to Break Brexit Deadlock British MPs have failed to back any of the eight options aimed at breaking the Brexit deadlock.
- Brexit: May Urged to Quit Theresa May could gain support for her Brexit deal if she promises to stand down as PM
From April 29, Tourists Visiting Artsakh will be Granted Free Entry Visa
The First Periodic Report of the Republic of Artsakh is Disseminated in the UN
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
EU-China Cooperation: Coming Together Against a Common Contender
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Angela Merkel Condolences on Tragic Accident in Madeira
Bangladeshi Student Burnt to Death for Reporting Sexual Abuse
Fire Destroys 2 Million Bottles of Wine at a Warehouse in Bordeaux
Venezuela Goes Around US Sanctions by "Funneling Oil Sales Via Russia"
Russian Embassy Accuses CIA of Showing Fake Photos on Skripal Case to Trump
Muller's Report on "Russian intervention" Became a Bestseller
Paris Prosecutors Investigate If Short-Circuit Caused Notre Dame Fire
Journalist Shot Dead During Northern Ireland Riot
Putin and Pashinyan to Meet in Kazakhstan on May 29
PM And Entire Government in Mali Resign as Violence Upsurges
USAID to Lay Off Its West Bank And Gaza Staff
Congressional Turkey Caucus Co-Chair Visits Tsitsernakaberd
Northern Ireland Terrorist Incident
China's Belt And Road Forum to Gather 37 World Leaders
Turkish-Armenian MP Garo Paylan Welcomes Newly Elected Mayor of Istanbul
Pope Francis Wished the Jewish Community of Rome a Happy Passover
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Wind: 7 km/h