"Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international relations.
- How did the Russian trace probe and its consequences impact Russian and US reputation in the world?
- I wouldn’t say it is about reputation. That was a domestic process aimed at confirming or defusing the doubts that the US president was directly connected to Russian officials or special services, lobbyists and so on in the pre-election period. Given its significance for the US people as well the political approaches of the US president’s opponents it had been ruled that an independent investigator should take up the case. Muller had been appointed as special counsel. With his team he hasprobed thousands of documents, met with and questioned hundreds of people. Eventually they have concluded that there had been no arrangements between Russia and Trump’s pre-election team, nor Russian engagement or impact in the process.
- Can it be maintained that the process was constraining Trump in the relationships with Russia? Are positive moves in view in the Russian-American relationships?
- This probe was important both from the angle of the US domestic policy agenda and for Russian-American relationships. I think based on Muller report the US administration will try to fix ties with Russia in several aspects. However, the domestic policy is febrile now and we need to wait for another few days. The democrats, Trump’s political opponents insist on full disclosure of the probe. Developments are underway.
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
- Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week Citing two officials familiar with the matter, the report noted that the meeting, which will address "Turkey sanctions," will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Judge Orders Social-Media Silence for Roger Stone If Stone continues to post on social media after today, he could be found in contempt of court and face jail time.
- Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader The key to the whole thing is the US.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- Man Dies as Police Shootout Follows Firebomb Attack on Immigration Centre: USA The detention centre has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.
PM Congratulates Egyptian President on Egypt’s National Holiday – Revolution Day
Artsakh’s President Receives Members of Central Committee of ARF-Artsakh
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
Armenian President Congratulates Egyptian Counterpart on National Day
U.S. Army Involved in Secret D.C. Operation
Japan Lodged Protest with S.Korea, Russia after Jet Incident
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kabul Seeks Clarification of Trump's Remarks on 'Wiping out Afghanistan'
Trump and Congressional Leaders Announce Critical Debt and Budget Deal
5.4 Magnitude Quake Hits Southern Iran
Pompeo: Different Countries to Participate in Patrolling Strait of Hormuz
Russian-Armenians are Active in Different Spheres – Sinanyan Meets with Russian Deputy FM
North Korea's Kim Inspects New Submarine
Trump Says He Could Wipe Afghanistan off Face of the Earth in 10 Days
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Condolence Cable on Passing of Yukiya Amano
Meeting with President of the Russian Dance Union Stanislaw Popov
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Go Down
Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Ursula von der Leyen on Being Elected President of the European Commission
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Wind: 10 km/h