Boris Johnson Puts His Foot Up on a Table During His Meeting with President Macron
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was labeled "rude" and "embarrassing" after he was pictured putting his foot up on a table in the Élysée Palace during a meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday, Business Insider reports.
In the meeting between the two leaders, Macron ruled out a fundamental renegotiation of the United Kingdom's Brexit deal.
Johnson's biographer Sonia Purnell was among the people on social media criticizing Johnson's posture in the picture.
"Rude and embarrassing," Purnell tweeted. "Imagine if Macron put his foot on the table at Buckingham Palace."
However, a video that emerged later appeared to show the two leaders joking about using the table as a footstool.
- Three British Parties Agree to Vote against Brexit in the Election Such a pact means two of the parties would agree not to field a candidate, boosting the third candidate's chances.
- UK will not Extend Brexit Transition Period The spokesman said the government must continue to prepare for all possibilities including that the country leaves the European Union on Jan. 31 without a withdrawal deal.
- Brexit: Parliament Breaks Deadlock With Vote for 12 December Election Parliament will dissolve next Wednesday for a short campaign of five weeks, so long as the House of Lords passes Johnson’s legislation as expected in the coming days.
- EU Hopes to Endorse Brexit Delay to January 31 with Earlier Departure possible Any postponement to Brexit can only be granted unanimously by the 27 and French objections have so far prevented a decision as Johnson spars with lawmakers over calling an early election.
- Tusk: No-Deal Brexit will Never Be Our Decision As MPs prepare to have their first vote on the revised Brexit deal, the president of the European council told the European parliament that the EU’s final response to Boris Johnson’s letter seeking...
Out of Five Countries Armenia is Traditionally Russia’s Official Ally: Zatulin
Parliament of the Brussels-Capital Region Ratifies the Armenia-EU CEPA
Only Turkish Parliament Can Heal the Wound of the Armenian People: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Republic President Convened a Working Consultation in Martakert Region
Turkey summons US ambassador over Armenian genocide resolution
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
PM Receives Newly Appointed IMF Armenia Mission Head
No Document Discussed at Negotiations: Armenia’s MFA Spokesperson Refutes Mammadyarov’s Claims About "Lavrov’s Plan"
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Language of Threats Not Work in Armenia and Artsakh’s Case: Anna Naghdalyan
Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution
EU Leaders Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia for 6 Months
"Disgraceful": Turkey Lambasts US Senate for Armenian Genocide Vote
Armenia’s PM to Depart to St. Petersburg Next Week
Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice
His Holiness Garegin II Welcomes US Senate Passage of Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution
US Senate’s Resolution is the Victory of Justice and Truth – PM Pashinyan
UN General Assembly Adopts World Chess Day Resolution Tabled by Armenia
Serj Tankian Thanked American Lawmakers
Roadways in RA are Mainly Passable
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Revolution Turns into Ashes when the Given Promise Isn't Kept: Aram I Catholicos
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
December 10: Artsakh People Voted for Independence
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Garo Paylan asked Turkish DM to Clarify Whether Turkish General Staff Has an Action Plan of Airstrikes against Armenia
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 4 km/h