Benjamin Netanyahu Rushed Offstage as Rocket Fired from Gaza into Israel (video)
The Israeli military said it struck in the Gaza Strip early Thursday morning, targeting Hamas military posts in the coastal enclave in retaliation for a rocket that was launched at Israel's south earlier on Wednesday, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was attending an election campaign event there, Haaretz reports.
Netanyahu, who had been making an address at a gathering in the port city of Ashkelon, was rushed off the stage with his wife Sara to a nearby shelter; he later returned to complete his speech.
Meanwhile, the Israeli military confirmed that the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted one rocket fired from the Strip.
- Israeli Aircraft Strike in Gaza The airstrikes came in retaliation after 13 rocket launches from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory were identified earlier in the morning, eight of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense...
- Israel Eases Restrictions on Gaza The sources said that Israel allowed scores of trucks loaded with goods and fuel tankers to enter through the crossing and ship their loads into Gaza after closing the crossing for 20 days.
- Israel Strikes Hamas Targets in Gaza The Israeli military force noted that targets included "weapons and underground infrastructure" belonging to Hamas.
- 'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan Abbas rejected the deal before it was announced saying the US was hopelessly biased towards Israel.
- Trump Says will Release Middle East Peace Plan by Tuesday Speaking to reporters on Air Force One en route to Miami for a political event, Trump said Palestinians might react negatively to his plan at first, but that it would benefit them.
Azerbaijan Violates Artsakh Ceasefire 295 Times in One Week
PM’s spouse Anna Hakobyan Organizes Voluntary Basic Military Training for Young Women
Amal Clooney Quits UK Envoy Role over "Lamentable" Brexit Bill
Seven New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Boris Johnson Says UK "Now Seeing Second Coronavirus Wave Coming in"
Artsakh National Assembly to Move from Stepanakert to Shushi in 2022
244 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russia's Ambassador on Russian-Armenian Relations
Armenian Embassy Officially Inaugurated in Tel Aviv
Warsaw Stock Exchange Intends to Take Over the Armenia Securities Exchange
Artsakh President Hosts Foreign Ministry Delegation From Armenia
St. Gregory Armenian Church Center in San Francisco Attacked
PM Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to President of Chile
Consultations Held between FMs of Artsakh and Armenia
The Air Temperature will Gradually Go down by 3-4 Degrees
Eurasian Inter-Governmental Council to Hold Its Session in Yerevan
Artsakh Reports Three New Coronavirus Cases
Biden Says Trump Should Step Down over Coronavirus Response
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Congratulations to Jewish Community on Rosh Hashanah
239 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Lavrov: Russia Works to Resume Negotiations on Karabakh
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Iran Announces Locally Made Ballistic and Cruise Missiles Amid US Tensions
Artsakh Government to Provide 5 Million Drams to Young Families who Plan to Build Houses in the Rural Communities
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
The Government of the Artsakh Republic Allocated 25 Million Armenian Drams to the Armenian Community of Lebanon
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Security Council Session: Armenia Is In a Position to Meet the Emerging Security Challenges
New Patrol Service to Start Operating in Yerevan in the First Quarter of 2021
Iran to Hold Presidential Elections on June 18, 2021
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Wind: 11 km/h