We Reiterate and Reaffirm Our Commitment to the Promotion of Historical Justice and the Prevention of New Genocides- – Armenia MFA
The foreign ministry of Armenia issued a statement on the 105th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
"This year on April 24 Armenians from all over the world will join with the friends of the Armenian people and all of humanity to solemnly commemorate the 105th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, paying tribute to the memory of 1.5 million holy martyrs of the Armenian Genocide.
This heinous crime, committed with the intent to destroy in whole the Armenian people and deprive them of their homeland, stands as the first genocide of the 20th century. This crime of genocide impacts on security of the Armenian people today as well.
Turkey’s consistent denial of the Armenian Genocide and its justification, the land blockade imposed on Armenia and the overt anti-Armenian position in the context of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict threaten the security of the Republic of Armenia and the descendants of the victims of the Armenian Genocide.
Beginning 105 years ago, despite the pledges and promises of international security guarantees, the Armenian people were abandoned and defenseless in the face of this crime of genocide and vulnerable to the unrelenting atrocities of its perpetrators. The Armenian people suffered through the horrific ordeal of Genocide, but against all odds they survived. In the wake of their genocidal trauma, these heroic survivors were not only able to preserve and promote their national identity everywhere they sought refuge and safety, but also managed to restore and regain the Armenian statehood. For each day since, the primary mission and main responsibility of the Republic of Armenia has been to ensure the security of its people on the territory of their historic homeland.
The decades-long struggle for the international recognition of the Armenian Genocide demonstrated that there is no single force capable of opposing the quest for historical justice and truth. The increasing number of countries recognizing the Armenian Genocide stands as the most important affirmation of this maxim. It is also particularly relevant that those nations who have made significant contributions in saving and providing refuge to the survivors of the genocide have been the most recent countries to join others in recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
The recognition of the past is essential for the present and the future, to serve as deterrence in order to prevent any recurrence of such atrocity or genocide elsewhere.
The sincere recognition of truth and remembrance of the past are essential requirements for upholding justice, human dignity, combating impunity and uniting in international solidarity.
Today, once again bowing to the solemn memory of the holy martyrs of the Armenian Genocide, we reiterate and reaffirm our commitment to the promotion of historical justice and the prevention of new genocides".
- Pro-Kurdish Party of Turkey: We Confront Armenian Genocide with Shame The Armenian Genocide has been recognized by dozens of parliaments around the world, but the parliament of the country of that crime does not speak about it for already 105 years.
- EU Delegation to Armenia: These Crimes Will Never Be Forgotten The EU Delegation to Armenia commemorates the victims of the tragic events that have led to the loss of so many innocent Armenian lives.
- PM Pays Tribute to Armenian Genocide Victims But due to the current state of emergency in the country because of the spread of COVID-19, the Prime Minister did not visit the memorial accompanied by the ruling elite, but only by his wife, Anna Hakobyan.
- His Holiness Garegin II Addresses Message on 105th Anniversary of Armenian Genocide We can make these dreams come true with a consciousness of duty and responsibility towards the nation and the Homeland, via national solidarity and uniting our efforts for the sake of the Homeland and...
- It is With Deep Concern that I Must Note How Turkish Politicians are Taking a Look Back at their History "Crimes, indeed, genocides must be recognized as such in order to rule out repetition. It is with deep concern that I must note how Turkish politicians are taking a look back at their history, and currently...
Iran, Turkey Ink 3 Railroad Deals
India Moves ahead to Procure more MiG-29s and Sukhois
Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status
Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's PM Replaces Head of his Staff Eduard Aghajanyan with Released Health Minister Arsen Torosyan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Representatives of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun Supreme Body of Armenia and Central Committee of Artsakh
COVID-Infected President Sarkissian to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
Armenia Central Bank Issues New Collector Coins
President’s Office confirms receiving PM’s motion on dismissing Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
Iran jails U.S. Businessman, Possibly Jeopardizing Biden's Plans for Diplomacy with Tehran
Global Coronavirus Cases Top 95 mln
European Parliament, EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Navalny’s Detention
Ombudsman Applies to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Over Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Russian Peacekeepers Start Demining Outskirts of Artsakh’s Martakert
Azerbaijani President’s Statements Became Slogans Inspiring Atrocities Against Armenians in Artsakh War, Armenian Ombudsman Says
Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
190 Refugees Return to Stepanakert in a Day
Artsakh Emergency Service: One of 3 fallen Soldiers Found Sunday is Identified
Armenia Records 164676 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h