Zionist Union: Settlement Constructions Harm Israel's International Reputation
The Zionist Union, which according to the latest poll is ahead of all the parties running for the parliamentary elections, is a center-left political alliance in Israel, established in December 2014 by Labor Party and Hatnuah Party to run with joint electoral list in the 20th Knesset elections to be held on March 17, 2015. The leader of the Labor Party is Isaac Herzog and the leader of the Hatnuah party is Tzipi Livni. In case they form a government they will rotate in the post of the Prime Minister: first half – Herzog, and the second half – Livni.
As it is said in the election platform of the Zionist Union, the Union is fighting to replace the current Israeli leadership and build a better Israel. As Kololeh.com reports "Zionist Union is committed to reducing the cost of living, narrowing gaps in society, eliminating corruption, restoring strong relations with the rest of the world, and fulfilling the promise of a democratic Jewish state as envisioned in the Declaration of Independence."
As for the security of the country, on which the political parties mainly build their arguments, the Zionist Union considers that reaching a diplomatic accord with Palestinians is very important. In case of being elected it claims to reach to good relations with neighbors "alongside the unequivocal definition of the State of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people," – ynetnews.com quotes the Zionist Union Platform. With diplomatic and security initiative stated in the platform, the Zionist Union will renew bilateral negotiations with the Palestinians to come to final settlement based on preserving the security needs of the State of Israel. As the platform states the final settlement of the conflict, as Jerusalem Post reports, "will be based on the following principles: demilitarization of the Palestinian state; keeping the West Bank settlement blocs under Israeli sovereignty; strengthening Jerusalem and its status as the eternal capital of Israel; and guaranteeing religious freedom and access to the holy places of all religions while maintaining Israeli sovereignty." It also insists on controlling the Jordan Valley.
As for the question of refugees, in the platform the Zionist Union expressing its support for the creation of two state, finds the solution of the Palestinian refugees only in the Palestinian state, leaving the question of the rights of the Jewish refugees from Arab countries to be addressed in a final-status agreement.
The settlement construction outside the settlement blocs, as the Zionist movement claims, should be ceased, as it is bad for Israel’s international reputation and brings the country to isolation.
The platform of the Zionist Union also refers to the Iranian nuclear threat declaring that it will stop Iran to develop its nuclear capabilities "through a final-status agreement between Tehran and the international community, which includes dismantling the existing nuclear infrastructure, and a strict and effective regime of supervision and inspection," – ynetnews.com quotes the platform.
Special attention in the platform is paid on strengthening relations with the US considering it an important component of Israel’s national strength. "Hurting this allegiance, much like the deterioration in Israel's international status, leads to unimaginable damage to Israel's diplomatic and security strength," – the platform states, ynetnews.com reports.
- Benjamin Netanyahu Rushed Offstage as Rocket Fired from Gaza into Israel (video) Meanwhile, the Israeli military confirmed that the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted one rocket fired from the Strip.
- Brazil to Move Embassy to Jerusalem The Brazilian president said both before and after he was elected that he would move the embassy, but backed down from the promise earlier this year.
- Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed Gaza health ministry said the death toll in two days of Israeli air attacks had risen to 34, including eight members of the Abu Malhous family. At least 63 Israelis received treatment for injuries in rocket...
- Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18 In response to the rocket barrage, dozens of air raids were launched on Gaza. Overall, 18 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli bombardment in Gaza, according to health officials.
- Israeli Forces Kill Top Islamic Jihad Commander in Gaza Strike Separately, the Palestinian group said that Israel also attacked the home of one of its officials in the Syrian capital, Damascus.
- Israel to Hold March 2 Election, Its Third in Less Than a Year In that ballot, and in the one prior in April, Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party deadlocked with ex-general Benny Gantz’s centrist Blue and White. Neither managed to muster enough support in the...
- Benjamin Netanyahu Chosen to Form New Israel Government If he fails, centrist Gantz of the Blue and White party will likely be given a chance.
- Israel Election Results: Netanyahu’s Bloc Slightly Ahead but Fails to Secure Majority Avigdor Lieberman, whose Yisrael Beiteinu party is projected nine seats, is expected to be the election's kingmaker.
- Netanyahu Charged of Bribery Worth $300,000 Netanyahu, in his turn, addressing the nation live on television shortly before the police released their findings around 9 p.m., made clear that he would not step down.
- Petition to Freeze the Expansion of the Israeli Cabinet was Rejected The request of Yesh Atid was rejected, but no ruling on the complaint about the legislation is done yet.
There Are no Clearly Defined Dates for the Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders' Meeting: Armenia's FM
Iranian MP Offers $3 Million Reward for 'Whoever Kills Trump': ISNA
Armenian Lawmakers to Send Letter to German Bundestag Because of Azerbaijani Tenor
Erdogan Calls on Putin to Facilitate Ceasefire in Idlib
President of the State of Palestine Gave a Precious Gift to Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem
5 Day Weather forecast in Armenia
Trump's Impeachment Debate to Kick off Wednesday
Ex-Interpol Chief Meng Hongwei Sentenced to 13 Years in Jail
Saudi Military Opens First Women’s section
Armen Sarkissian Participated at the Opening of the World Economic Forum in Davos
Venezuela Crisis: Pompeo Pledges More US Support for Guaidó
Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
American Singer-Songwriter David Olney Died on Stage
Because of Azerbaijani Opera Singer's Attitude Armenian Soprano Expects Apologies from Opera Organizers
Artsakh’s General Elections to Take Place on March 31, 2020
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armen Sarkissian in Zurich Met with Representatives of the French Thales Group
Axios: "Birth Tourism" is Trump's Next Immigration Target
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 5 km/h