Chaos in Brussels
The situation has become tense in Belgian capital. The police and army started special operations in the center of Brussels. Grand Platz Square in the center of Brussels, and its surrounding streets are all closed. The police urge the residents not to leave their houses or move closer to the windows.
On Friday, life in Brussels became paralyzed. Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel told that on Monday schools, universities and metropolitan will remain closed. The authorities believe that the terrorists will try to organize attacks in Brussels too as they did in Paris on the 13th of November.
The Belgian government raised the terrorist threat in the capital, reaching the highest level 4 of orange colour. Other cities of Belgium also remain under the terrorist threat – the third of four possible levels. This is stated by the country’s threat analysis center.
"The situation analysis has revealed a serious and immediate threat that requires special security measures and detailed instructions for the population," it was written in the center’s statement.
Brussels’ residents are advised to avoid mass gatherings and strictly follow the government, the police and intelligence services' instructions.
Meanwhile, investigators continue to search for Abdeslam Salah who is believed to have organized the terrorist attacks in Paris. 26-year-old French citizen who lived in Brussels recently, may have returned there after the attacks, according to the police.
As a result of the anti-terrorist operations carried out by the Belgian police on Sunday night 16 people were arrested, however Salah Abdeslamwas not among them.
Due to the threat of terrorism the Council of Europe canceled most of its meetings scheduled for today, November 23, in Brussels. The European Union in turn gave a negative response to the incident, stating that it is not acceptable that the Belgian people should live in an atmosphere of fear and worry.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8 Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bulgaria Provides 500 Medical Supplies to Armenia
Pashinyan on Coronavirus Crisis: This Isn't Healthcare Issue
Pentagon Moves About 1,600 Army Troops Into the Washington Region
Italy Reopens to Tourists from Europe
UN Calls For US Protests to be Peaceful
4-Year-Old Child with Coronavirus Also Diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease in Armenia
Chinese Premier Wishes Speedy Recovery to Armenia’s Pashinyan and His Family From COVID-19
Armenia Records 10524 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President of Artsakh Signed a Range of Decrees
The Threatening Letter Sent to Rakel Dink Contains the Same Slogan We Were Used to Hearing before Hrant Dink Was Assassinated: Fethiye Çetin
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Convened a Working Consultation on Pandemic Fight Measures
All Airlines Certified in Armenia Are Included in List Subject to Operating Ban or Operational Restrictions within EU
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Received President of the Football Federation of Armenia Armen Melikbekyan
PM Instructs to be Consistent in Enforcing the Restrictions set by the Commandant’s Office and Control the Organization of Mass Events
Armenia to Participate in Victory Day military Parade in Moscow
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Congratulated Masis Mayilian on his Reappointment as Foreign Minister of Artsakh
Russia not Welcome at G7, Canada's Trudeau Says
Benefactor Mikael Vardanyan Donates AMD 93mn to all Children with Disabilities of Benefit-Receiving Families in Yerevan
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Murderer of Hrant Dink Ogun Samast May Be Released in Nine Months
Wind: 6 km/h