Chaos in Brussels
The situation has become tense in Belgian capital. The police and army started special operations in the center of Brussels. Grand Platz Square in the center of Brussels, and its surrounding streets are all closed. The police urge the residents not to leave their houses or move closer to the windows.
On Friday, life in Brussels became paralyzed. Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel told that on Monday schools, universities and metropolitan will remain closed. The authorities believe that the terrorists will try to organize attacks in Brussels too as they did in Paris on the 13th of November.
The Belgian government raised the terrorist threat in the capital, reaching the highest level 4 of orange colour. Other cities of Belgium also remain under the terrorist threat – the third of four possible levels. This is stated by the country’s threat analysis center.
"The situation analysis has revealed a serious and immediate threat that requires special security measures and detailed instructions for the population," it was written in the center’s statement.
Brussels’ residents are advised to avoid mass gatherings and strictly follow the government, the police and intelligence services' instructions.
Meanwhile, investigators continue to search for Abdeslam Salah who is believed to have organized the terrorist attacks in Paris. 26-year-old French citizen who lived in Brussels recently, may have returned there after the attacks, according to the police.
As a result of the anti-terrorist operations carried out by the Belgian police on Sunday night 16 people were arrested, however Salah Abdeslamwas not among them.
Due to the threat of terrorism the Council of Europe canceled most of its meetings scheduled for today, November 23, in Brussels. The European Union in turn gave a negative response to the incident, stating that it is not acceptable that the Belgian people should live in an atmosphere of fear and worry.
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
- Cyber Rapid Response Team Established by Six EU Countries Formed by civilian and military experts, the CRRTs will join neutralisation and investigation of dangerous cyber incidents virtually or, if necessary, physically.
- Ireland Will Hold General Election On February 8 Ireland will hold a general election on Saturday February 8, 2020, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has confirmed, Euronews reports.
Seeing Aras River Does Not Mean Controlling the Border: MoD Armenia Denies Aliyev’s Claims
Artsakh Defense Army Publishes Names of Other Killed 26 Servicemen
We Should not Forget the Tragedies of the Armenian People: Putin
If Negotiations During the 30 Years Gave no Results it Does not Mean You Must Start Shooting: Putin
Fierce Clashes Take Place Near Artsakh’s Jivani and Shekher Communities
Russia’s President: Conflict in Nagorno Karabakh Started with Crimes Against Armenian People
Azerbaijani War Prisoner Says Azerbaijani Military Officials Make no Independent Decisions
Artsakh Defense Army Publishes Names of Other Killed 40 Servicemen
EEC to Discuss the Proposal to Expel Turkey from List of Countries Using EAEU Tariff Privileges System
Iran Uses Homegrown Missile Defense System in War Game
Armenia PM Office's Security Council Bureau Head Has New Deputy
Peaceful Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Has no Alternative - Peskov
Turkey’s Participation in Karabakh Conflict Settlement Process Possible Only With Consent of Yerevan and Baku – Kremlin Spokesperson
Artsakh President Addresses Armenians with a Special Video Message from the Trench
The Cost of Each Minute of Delay is Human Lives – Karen Bekaryan Addresses the World
The Ontario Parliament Requested to Expel Turkey from NATO, Discuss the Recognition of Artsakh
Fierce Battles Continue in Different Directions: MOD Representative
Destruction of Azerbaijani Military Infrastructure (video)
Armenia Records 70836 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Australia’s New South Wales Legislative Assembly Officially Recognizes Artsakh Independence
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Despite Your Best Efforts, Turkey, Azerbaijan... We Will Never Be Annihilated: Alexis Ohanian
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Kim Kardashian donates 1 million USD to "Hayastan" All Armenian Fund
Obama Shares His Phone Number
Rouhani Says U.S. Can Impose Neither Negotiations nor War on Iran
Armenia’s New Ambassador to Bulgaria Presents Credentials to President Rumen Radev
Pentagon Vows to Help Israel Keep Military Superiority
Wind: 5 km/h