Chaos in Brussels
The situation has become tense in Belgian capital. The police and army started special operations in the center of Brussels. Grand Platz Square in the center of Brussels, and its surrounding streets are all closed. The police urge the residents not to leave their houses or move closer to the windows.
On Friday, life in Brussels became paralyzed. Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel told that on Monday schools, universities and metropolitan will remain closed. The authorities believe that the terrorists will try to organize attacks in Brussels too as they did in Paris on the 13th of November.
The Belgian government raised the terrorist threat in the capital, reaching the highest level 4 of orange colour. Other cities of Belgium also remain under the terrorist threat – the third of four possible levels. This is stated by the country’s threat analysis center.
"The situation analysis has revealed a serious and immediate threat that requires special security measures and detailed instructions for the population," it was written in the center’s statement.
Brussels’ residents are advised to avoid mass gatherings and strictly follow the government, the police and intelligence services' instructions.
Meanwhile, investigators continue to search for Abdeslam Salah who is believed to have organized the terrorist attacks in Paris. 26-year-old French citizen who lived in Brussels recently, may have returned there after the attacks, according to the police.
As a result of the anti-terrorist operations carried out by the Belgian police on Sunday night 16 people were arrested, however Salah Abdeslamwas not among them.
Due to the threat of terrorism the Council of Europe canceled most of its meetings scheduled for today, November 23, in Brussels. The European Union in turn gave a negative response to the incident, stating that it is not acceptable that the Belgian people should live in an atmosphere of fear and worry.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
- Eurozone Economy Faces More "Prolonged Sag", Mario Draghi Warns Mr Draghi’s comments came after a key survey of business executives showed that the eurozone’s economy was close to stalling, dragged down by a steep drop in German manufacturing activity. The new...
- US Hits EU With Ultimatum US officials warned their EU counterparts that they may be left alone in the face of threats, supposedly including Russia, if Brussels rejected the US defence companies' participation in the creation of...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Short Brexit Extension is Possible but Conditional: Donald Tusk Tusk mentioned that he "did not foresee" the need for an additional extraordinary meeting to discuss Brexit after the summit.
- ''Hundreds'' Of Chinese, Russia Agents ''Operating'' In Brussels: Report Diplomats and military officials were advised to avoid certain parts of Brussels' European quarter, including a popular steakhouse and a cafe near the European Commission's main building, the report said....
Armenia, Azerbaijan Not Negotiating Over Concrete Document Now: Anna Naghdalyan
Artsakh Crowned Volleyball Champion
Nikol Pashinyan, Emmanuel Macron hold private talks on margins of Paris Peace Forum
Arsen Julfalakyan Takes Part in Tournament After Long Break and Wins It
Nikol Pashinyan attends Second Paris Peace Forum; PM hands Armenian book to Forum Library
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
Yerevan condemns “in strongest terms” killing of two Armenians in Syria ISIL attack
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Moldova's Fledgling Government Brought Down by no Confidence Vote
Turkey's Erdogan Says talks with EU May End over Cyprus Sanctions
Head-on Collision of Bangladesh Trains Kills 16, Injures 40
Ararat Mirzoyan Has a Farewell Meeting with Ambassador of Greece to Armenia
OSCE Mission will Conduct a Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Kazakh Former President Says in Talks to Arrange Putin-Zelenskiy Summit
Former Deputy Head of NA staff Arsen Babayan to be Released from Custody
Israeli Forces Kill Top Islamic Jihad Commander in Gaza Strike
PM Nikol Pashinyan Attends Official Reception, hosted on Behalf of Emmanuel Macron
Mexico Grants Asylum to Bolivia's Evo Morales
Former US President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized
Nikol Pashinyan Arrives at Élysée Palace
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
We Will Never Forget that 1.5 Million Armenians Were Murdered: Kim Kardashian
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Wind: 4 km/h