Syria's Key Homs City Soon Completely Back Under Gov't Control
The central city of Homs will soon be free of any rebel presence, as the first batch of rebels and their families started evacuating their last stronghold in the city on Saturday under an activated deal with the government, the CCTV.com reports.
Busses ready to carry the armed rebels and their families were lined up at the entrance of the al-Wair neighborhood, with government soldiers, policemen, and several Russian military policemen, on alert to secure a smooth process that could see Homs city free of any rebel presence in a matter of days, or weeks, as al-Wair is the last rebel-held neighborhood in the city.
As many as 423 rebels and 1,065 civilians, who are family members of the rebels, evacuated al-Wair on Saturday, with the process ongoing until the evacuation of 10,000 rebels and their families from that large neighborhood at the western outskirts of Homs.
Government officials say those evacuating are from the rebels who refuse to embark on a "reconciliation" with the government, adding that they will be transported to rebel-held areas in the city of Jarablus in the countryside of the northern city of Aleppo.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Iraq Declares War With Islamic State Is Over Iraq's announcement comes two days after the Russian military declared it had accomplished its mission of defeating IS in neighbouring Syria.
Artur Javadyan: Central Bank is Concerned About Growth Rate of Consumer Loans
Pashinyan to Visit Italy
President Sarkissian Hosts Film Director Jivan Avetisyan
Armenian President Holds Farewell Meeting with Greek Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Chaired the Meeting of the Government
Erdogan Says He Gave Trump Back Letter Warning Not to Be ‘Fool’
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open for All Types of Vehicles
Graham Blocks Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide After Erdoğan Meeting
Kazakhstan’s Senate Speaker Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
Public Council Chairman Vazgen Manukyan Steps Down
Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18
46 Families Return to Artsakh’s Talish After Reconstruction
Venice Calls for State of Emergency after Worst Flooding in Over 50 Years
OSCE Conducts Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Zareh Sinanyan Will Demand from French Authorities to Provide Security to Armenian Institutions after Attacks
Wind: 4 km/h