Trump Urges Erdogan to ’’Exercise Caution’’ in Syria
In a phone call with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, Donald Trump has raised concerns that Ankara’s ongoing military operation in neighboring Syria may result in a direct clash between the two NATO allies, RT reports.
''President Trump relayed concerns that escalating violence in Afrin, Syria, risks undercutting our shared goals in Syria,''' according to the White House readout of the conversation. ''He urged Turkey to exercise caution and to avoid any actions that might risk conflict between Turkish and American forces.''
Trump has further urged Turkey to deescalate and ''limit its military actions'' in order to ''avoid civilian casualties and increases to displaced persons and refugees.''
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
- U.S. Military Sets April Target Date for Leaving Syria With U.S.-backed fighters poised to seize the final Syrian sanctuaries held by Islamic State in the coming days, the U.S. military is turning its attention toward a withdrawal of forces in the coming weeks.
- U.S. Asks Turkey Delay Taking Delivery of Russian Missile The U.S. request comes as Turkish and U.S. officials are in talks to determine a date for a possible trip by President Donald Trump to Turkey.
- US Urges Turkey against Drilling off Cyprus Turkey announced its vessels would be carrying out drilling operations in the Mediterranean until September.
- Local Election Results May Push Erdogan to New Measures International mass-media described the Turkish local elections as the start of Erdogan's major political downturn and suffering.
- Spring Aggravation: Washington And Ankara Set Ultimatum to Each Other Washington and Ankara have begun talking to each other with ultimatum terms.
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey Local Election Results “Insight from Yerevan: Realpolitik” hosts Varuzhan Geghamyan, Turkologist, YSU Oriental Studies faculty lecturer, to sum up March 31 Turkey local election results.
- Four Officers in Trump Motorcade Involved in Crash Four police officers traveling in President Trump’s motorcade were involved in a crash on Tuesday in Louisiana.
- Trump to Nominate Patrick Shanahan as Pentagon Chief Shanahan had been under investigation by the Pentagon inspector general for allegedly seeking preferential treatment of Boeing while at the Defense Department but he was cleared of wrongdoing in April....
- A New Version Of The Mueller Report Has Been Released This new version of the report clearly states which information was withheld because it would interfere with ongoing law enforcement proceedings, which "would disclose techniques and procedures for law...
- China Will Build String of Military Bases Around World: Pentagon The US Defense Department expects China to add military bases around the world to protect its investments in it ambitious One Belt One Road global infrastructure program.
- ''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities.
We Are Ready to Confront the Enemy: Iranian Commander
Ukraine's President Calls Snap Parliamentary Elections
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Volodymyr Zelensky on Assuming the Office of President of Ukraine
Magnifier: Public Discrepancies and Fight Against Them
INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership
Swedish Prosecutor Requests Assange's Detention Over Rape Allegation
Rocket Attack Hits Near US Embassy in Baghdad
Heavy Rain And Flooding Hit Parts of the Arabian Peninsula
Russian Air Strikes Kill 10 Civilians in Northwest Syria
Ceasefire in Donbass Zelensky's First Task
32 People Killed in Tajikistan Prison Deadly Riot
Trump Threatens Iran's "End" If It Seeks Fight With the US
Armenian PM Holds Phone Conversation With Catholicos Aram I
11 People Killed in Gun Attack at Brazil Bar
Vladimir Zelensky Sworn in As President of Ukraine
Turkey to Arrest 249 Foreign Ministry Personnel in Post-Coup Probe
His Holiness Garegin II Addresses Message on Current Situation in Armenia
Google ''Suspends Some Business With Huawei'' After US Blacklist
Terrorists Target Tourist Bus in Egypt
Armenia PM Calls to Block Exit and Entrance to all Courts on Monday
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
French MP on Notre Dame de Paris Fire: How Can One Blame God For Fire? (Exclusive)
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
Wind: 7 km/h