Artsakh Develops Relations with the USA at Different Levels
The visit of Artsakh President, Foreign Minister and other high-level officials to the United States continues. In the framework of the visit the Armenian delegation had meetings with the US congressmen in the US Congress, participated in the reception organized in the US devoted to the 30th anniversary of the Karabakh movement. Besides meeting the US officials, President of Artsakh in the Center for the National Interest had meetings with a group of American scientists and experts. To note, the Center for the National Interest was founded by the US 37th President Richard Nixon in 1994 as a center for Peace and Freedom. The specialists of the center are engaged in policy advising as well as publish internationally high ranking National Interest journal.
The Armenian delegation also met with the representatives of the Artsakh Republic Permanent Representation to the USA, the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia, the ANCA and Eastern USA Central Committee of the Dashnaktsoutyun Party, the Supreme Council of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party and other Armenian community structures.
The visit of Artsakh President and other high-level officials to the US and the meetings are especially prioritized when considered in the following three levels:
The meetings with the US congressmen will allow activating, strengthening and expanding the existing connections between Artsakh and the legislative branch of the US government. It will give an opportunity in the future as well to voice the Armenian interest in the US congress and come up with different initiatives. Besides strong connections with the US congressmen will make them during force majeure situations become the first ones "to ring the bell" in the US Congress and other international organizations they are represented, about the threat against Artsakh. In the future the connections in this direction can be expanded, if new ties are established with the congress and the political parties at the US states’ levels (especially with the ones that recognized the independence of Artsakh).
The meetings of the Armenian delegation with the US scientists and experts were also important. The strong connections in this direction will result in the raised popularity of Artsakh at the public level. It is important that the US think tanks and experts in their works more often refer to the Karabakh conflict presenting the interests of the Armenian sides on the issue. It is also essential that the cooperation in this direction results in the development of analytical potential in Artsakh and the representatives of scientific sphere there get an opportunity to participate in various exchange programs in the USA.
And finally, the meetings of Artsakh President and other high-level officials with the Diaspora institutions in Artsakh will allow establishing the culture of more active dialogue, which will increase the engagement of Diaspora representatives in various processes in Artsakh strengthening Armenia-Artsakh-Diaspora trinity.
- FM Mnatsakanyan: Armenia Remains Committed to Peaceful Settlement Process of NK Conflict We have clearly noted that both Armenia and Artsakh are capable of defending themselves, but this isn’t our goal.
- Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia As Azerbaijan constantly threatens Artsakh and Armenia, it will be weakness to say that Armenia is ready for compromises.
- Japan Supports Peaceful Settlement of Karabakh Conflict "Your Government has informed us how this process goes on. We are glad for Armenia highlights the settlement of the conflict through peaceful and constructive dialogue in the sidelines of the OSCE Minsk...
- OSCE Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Coordinator of the "Congress of Refugees from the Azerbaijani SSR" NGO During the meeting, the sides discussed the issue of Armenian refugees from Azerbaijan in the context of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict settlement.
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Impose Sanctions Against any Election Interference The process, according to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and White House national security adviser John Bolton, would take a total of 90 days.
- "Fake, Fake, Disgusting News": Trump Slams Media for Bad Coverage of His Summits US President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attacks on media at a rally in Pennsylvania, slamming news as "fake" and "disgusting."
- Trump National Security Team says Russia Behind Effort to Meddle in U.S. Elections U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security team said on Thursday that Russia is behind “pervasive” attempts to interfere in upcoming U.S. elections, in a rejection of denials of meddling that...
- Increasing Tension in Turkish-American Relations In the first case, Ankara categorically refused to release a US cleric detained for involvement with coup organizers and Kurdish militants in Turkey in 2016.
- Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy "Getting along with President Putin, getting along with Russia, is positive, not a negative," the US President Donald Trump said.
- Artsakh’s International Recognition Continues It is important to once more highlight the importance of developing foreign relations at various levels which will help to make the voice of Artsakh heard in various situations, especially those of emergency,...
- Permanent Representative of Artsakh to the United States Delivered a Speech at Tufts University The event was organized by the Armenian students of the University’s Tavitian Scholarship Program 2018.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Meets Foreign Minister of Abkhazia Daur Kove once again congratulated Masis Mayilian on his appointment to the post of Foreign Minister of Artsakh, wishing him productive work.
- Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh He added that economic and social projects, favorable tax field and investment opportunities of Artsakh will be presented to the business circles.
- Head of the Parliament:One of the Most Important Goals Is the Internationalization of Artsakh At the end of the lecture the Head of the Parliament, turning to students of Armenian universities, advised while planning their future to think not only about working in Yerevan or other cities of Armenia,...
Nikol Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary-General António Guterres
In theFramework of the Summit of Minds President Met with the Leaders of Over Two Dozen Companies
Poland to be Referred to EU's Top Court
Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks
Armenian PM Instructs to Set Up Working Group to Study Gas Prices
Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon
Shinzo Abe and Trump Hold Constructive Talks on Trade and North Korea
Rouhani: Americans Want Iran to Have no Security
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
UN Gen-Sec Admired at Peaceful Power Change in Armenia
Powerful People, Powerful Citizens – PM Pashinyan about Election Results
Yerevan Election Vote Tallying Concluded, Hayk Marutyan to Assume Office as Mayor on October 10
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Voter Turnout in the Yerevan City Council Elections is 34.72% - CEC
Armenian Genocide Memorial Blessed in Boise
"Historic Selfie" of Nikol Pashinyan and Catholicos Garegin II
Armenian FM to attend UN General Assembly session in New York
President Armen Sarkissian Took Part in the Annual Summit of Minds in Chamonix
Ara Babloyan: It is Too Eearly to Speak about the Early Dissolution of Parliament
PM Nikol Pashinyan Departed to New York
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h