UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres warned that Russian and US relations were deteriorating into a situation ''similar, to a large extent, to what we lived during the Cold War'' and called for safeguards to be put in place, Reuters reports.
Just days after the United States announced it would expel 12 Russian UN diplomats over a nerve agent attack in Britain, Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
''During the Cold War there were mechanisms of communication and control to avoid the escalation of incidents, to make sure that things would not get out of control when tensions would rise. Those mechanisms have been dismantled,'' Guterres said.
''I do believe it’s time for precautions of this sort - guaranteeing effective communication, guaranteeing capacity to prevent escalation - I do believe that mechanisms of this sort are necessary again,'' he told reporters.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Erdogan: Russian S-400S Delivery May Be Brought Forward President Tayyip Erdogan said the delivery of Russian S-400 missile defence systems may be brought forward from July, the Sabah newspaper reported on Wednesday, sticking to a purchase which has put Turkey...
- "Following Muller Report, US to Allegedly Fix Ties With Russia," Suren Sargsyan (EXCLUSIVE) Muller probe findings regarding Russian trace in 2016 US presidential elections have been released: no evidence of Russian engagement. ”Armedia” IAA talked to Suren Sargsyan, expert of international...
- Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin Serbian authorities have reportedly arrested a man suspected of planning to assassinate Russian President Vladimir Putin during his visit to the country later this week
- Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova Russia is set for constructive dialogue with the new RA parliament and government after the early parliamentary election in Armenia.
- China's Got Its Own Anti-U.S. Trade War Song This privately-produced song has more than 100,000 views on WeChat and is just one of many signs of brewing anti-American sentiment on Chinese social media as trade talks falter.
- Suspension of Turkey’s NATO Membership is Not Realistic in the Near Future The US and NATO have been against the purchase of Russian S -400 "Triumph" anti-aircraft systems since December 2017, the signing of the respective Turkey-Russia agreement.
- Four Officers in Trump Motorcade Involved in Crash Four police officers traveling in President Trump’s motorcade were involved in a crash on Tuesday in Louisiana.
- Trump to Nominate Patrick Shanahan as Pentagon Chief Shanahan had been under investigation by the Pentagon inspector general for allegedly seeking preferential treatment of Boeing while at the Defense Department but he was cleared of wrongdoing in April....
- A New Version Of The Mueller Report Has Been Released This new version of the report clearly states which information was withheld because it would interfere with ongoing law enforcement proceedings, which "would disclose techniques and procedures for law...
- Britain Requests Urgent UN Security Council Meeting on Libya Britain requested the urgent meeting on Thursday, diplomats said, following the order from Khalifa Haftar, a key player opposed to the government in the capital.
- Syria Requests UN Security Council Meeting on Golan The French presidency did not immediately schedule the meeting and diplomats said there would be a discussion at the council about the request.
- Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies Annan’s foundation issued a statement on his Twitter account on Saturday morning that described him as a "global statesman and deeply committed internationalist who fought throughout his life for a fairer...
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness One of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
Two Candidates For Algeria Presidential Poll
Armenia FM Receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs (PHOTOS)
Lithuania's Nauseda Wins Presidential Election
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
N. Korean Foreign Ministry Defends Missile Tests, Condemns “War-Fanatic” Bolton
Libya’s Haftar Says to Fight Until Tripoli Militias Defeated
Melania Trump Stuns in a White Midi Dress in Japan (PHOTOS)
Tens of Thousands of Anti-Netanyahu Israelis Protest in Tel Aviv
French Police Detain Suspect in Lyon Blast
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Tsipras Calls For Early Parliamentary Elections in Greece
"My Step For Syunik Province" Business Forum Kicks off in Armenia's Tatev Village
UEFA Rules Block Arsenal's Plans to Show Support For Henrikh Mkhitaryan During the Europa League Final
"Armenians Have a Dream of a Complete And United Homeland:" Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan received China’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and State Councilor Wang Yi.
New Church Attack in Burkina Faso
European Elections 2019: Power Blocs Lose Grip on Parliament
Trump Says He Backs Japan's Efforts to Talk With Iran
President of Armenia Congratulated President of Georgia
Ambassador Switalski Attended Nordic Walking in Yerevan
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Liberation of Shushi: The Turning Point of the “Wedding in the Mountains”
Istanbul Mayor’s Office, a Matter of Life and Death For Erdogan
Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session
Saudi Ambassador to US Promises to Uphold Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 25 Years Have Passed
Wind: 8 km/h