Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal
Riots on the streets, food price rises and reduced medical supplies are real risks of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, a government document has said.
Ministers have published details of their Yellowhammer contingency plan, after MPs voted to force its release.
It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
On food, the document says certain types of fresh food supply "will decrease" and "critical dependencies for the food chain" such as key ingredients "may be in shorter supply".
It says these factors would not lead to overall food shortages "but will reduce the availability and choice of products and will increase price, which could impact vulnerable groups".
The document also warns of potential clashes if foreign fishing vessels enter British territorial waters on the day after the UK's departure and says economic difficulties could be "exacerbated" by flooding or a flu pandemic this winter.
And the British Medical Association described the Yellowhammer file as "alarming" and that it confirmed its warnings about no-deal, including the threat of medical supply shortages.
- Brexit: Scottish Judges Rule Parliament Suspension is Unlawful The Court of Session decision overturns an earlier ruling from the court, which said last week that Mr Johnson had not broken the law.
- Boris Johnson’s second bid to call General Election Fails Opposition parties united to block Johnson's bid to take the country to the polls, distrustful of the prime minister and wary of any chicanery that could see the administration change the date of the election...
- Brexit: U.K. Parliament to Be Suspended After Vote on General Election At present, UK law states that the country will leave the EU on 31 October, regardless of whether a withdrawal deal has been agreed with Brussels or not.
- Johnson: No-Deal Brexit 'would Be a Failure' Mr Johnson has ruled out asking the EU to delay the Brexit deadline of 31 October - but the Irish government said it would support another extension.
- Brexit: MPs Block Boris Johnson's Bid for General Election The U.K. leader could still try other options to force an election.
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
Iran's Zarif Warns of 'All-out War'
Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Wall During Visit to U.S.-Mexico Border (video)
Armenia’s PM Appoints Acting chiefs of National Security Service, Police
UAE to Join US-Led Naval Coalition in Gulf
Bako Sahakyan Received President of the Armenian Athletic Federation
Suicide Bomb in Southern Afghanistan, Kills at Least 20
The White House Spoke About Trump's Plans to Meet With Zelensky at the UN
Bolton Unloads on Trump’s Foreign Policy Behind Closed Doors
World Championship: Freestyle Wrestlers Enter Competition
Romania Senate Passes Bill Declaring October 12 Armenian Language, Alphabet, Culture Day in Country
Trump: "Many Options" to Respond to Iranian Attacks on Saudi Oil Fields
UN Sends Experts to Probe Saudi Blasts, Warns on Escalation
Azerbaijan States About Readiness to Exchange Armenian Citizens Karen Ghazaryan and Arayik Ghazaryan with Azerbaijani Convicts Dilgam Askerov and Shahbaz Guliyev
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attend Opening of Renovated Catholicosate of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin (PHOTOS)
Armenia to Open Embassy in Israel
Consultation on Hrant Matevosyan’s Cultural Center-Museum Held in Government
RA National Assembly Extraordinary Sitting is To Be Convened
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Wind: 7 km/h