Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal
Riots on the streets, food price rises and reduced medical supplies are real risks of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, a government document has said.
Ministers have published details of their Yellowhammer contingency plan, after MPs voted to force its release.
It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
On food, the document says certain types of fresh food supply "will decrease" and "critical dependencies for the food chain" such as key ingredients "may be in shorter supply".
It says these factors would not lead to overall food shortages "but will reduce the availability and choice of products and will increase price, which could impact vulnerable groups".
The document also warns of potential clashes if foreign fishing vessels enter British territorial waters on the day after the UK's departure and says economic difficulties could be "exacerbated" by flooding or a flu pandemic this winter.
And the British Medical Association described the Yellowhammer file as "alarming" and that it confirmed its warnings about no-deal, including the threat of medical supply shortages.
- UK Court Rejects Brexit Delay Case But he has also said he would not break the law, which he has dubbed “the surrender act”, without explaining that apparent contradiction.
- Boris Johnson Insists Britain Will Leave EU by October 31 And the PM has never admitted in public before that he would send a letter to Brussels as the new law would require.
- Brexit: Boris Johnson will Send Extension Letter The so-called Benn Act - named after Labour MP Hilary Benn who spearheaded its passage into law - requires the government to request an extension to the 31 October Brexit deadline if a deal has not been...
- Boris Johnson Has a Plan B for Brexit If the EU Rejects His Deal That idea is not something that the EU is formally considering, but it has been discussed as a potential back-up option, including by the bloc’s power axis of France and Germany, EU officials said earlier...
- Boris Johnson Dares Opposition to Vote no-Confidence in His Government He was defiant and unapologetic as he addressed MPs just hours after returning from the United Nations after parliament was recalled by the speaker, John Bercow, "as a matter of urgency."
Artsakh President Participated at Harvest Day Trade Fair
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting With Members of the USA Delegation
Parliamentary Elections Underway in Poland
1 Dead, 50 Injured as Typhoon Hagibis Makes Landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting in Stepanakert With Members of the Delegation From Canada
Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn
More Than Six Million People Advised to Evacuate in Japan
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talks with Vladimir Putin
Euro 2021: Armenia U21 National Team Celebrates Its Frst Victory
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Goris-Kapan Roadway will be Closed for Trucks
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting with Members of Belgian, Cypriot and Czech Delegation
Artsakh President Meets with Delegation of the Belgian Francophone Regions
The Participants of the Friends of Artsakh Forum, Which Took Place in Stepanakert Adopted a Concluding Declaration
Establishment of Iraq-Artsakh Friendship Group Proposed
We must find a way of dialogue, compromise, mutual trust and respect between our peoples: Pashinyan
Artsakh’s President Received Defense Minister of Armenia
Conscience and Justice is on Your Side: Russia’s Duma Representative to Artsakh
President Sarkissian Participated at the Photo Exhibition of the Young People Involved in the Homeland Defender Program
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Armenian President addresses congratulatory message on Independence Day
Wind: 8 km/h