Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal
Riots on the streets, food price rises and reduced medical supplies are real risks of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, a government document has said.
Ministers have published details of their Yellowhammer contingency plan, after MPs voted to force its release.
It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
On food, the document says certain types of fresh food supply "will decrease" and "critical dependencies for the food chain" such as key ingredients "may be in shorter supply".
It says these factors would not lead to overall food shortages "but will reduce the availability and choice of products and will increase price, which could impact vulnerable groups".
The document also warns of potential clashes if foreign fishing vessels enter British territorial waters on the day after the UK's departure and says economic difficulties could be "exacerbated" by flooding or a flu pandemic this winter.
And the British Medical Association described the Yellowhammer file as "alarming" and that it confirmed its warnings about no-deal, including the threat of medical supply shortages.
- UK and Japan Agree Historic Free Trade Agreement But it is unclear whether the UK has won an export quota to match the one it had as a member of the EU.
- Boris Johnson Tells EU that Free Trade Deal Must be Done by 15 October In that case, Britain would be ready to find sensible accommodation with the bloc on practical issues such as flights, lorry transport or scientific cooperation, according to the excerpts.
- EU Announced Diplomatic Mission In London The EU External Action shortly after the Brexit issued a statement and announced that the EU’s diplomatic mission in London will be carried out by the EU delegation led by Ambassador diplomat Joao Vale...
- UK PM Johnson Plans 'Respectful' Brexit Celebration After three years of wrangling over whether Brexit should go ahead and how best to do it, Johnson has agreed a deal with the EU that will see Britain continue to abide by the bloc’s rules until the end...
- EU Chiefs Sign Brexit Deal ahead of Parliamentary Vote Then, on Thursday next week, diplomats from the EU member states will approve the deal in writing, ensuring Britain’s orderly departure at midnight on January 31.
No Threat Can Force the People of Artsakh to Deviate from the Chosen Path: President Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Consultation
Armenia Records 49072 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
U.S. Embassies in Armenia and Azerbaijan Urge its Citizens Avoid Visiting Territories Near Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Youth Sports, Fitness and Recreation Center is Being Built in Stepanakert
Turkish Prosecutor General's Office Launches Procedure to Deprive Armenian MP Garo Paylan of Immunity
People of Nagorno-Karabakh Should Be Able to Determine Their Status without Limitation: Nikol Pashinyan
Yervand Khundkaryan Not Elected CC President
The July Events Proved that Armenia Cannot be Talked to in the Language of Force and Threats: PM Receives Artsakh National Assembly Delegation
MFA: Both Armenia and Artsakh Authorities Received Mandate of their Peoples, Ready to Launch Dialogue with Authorities of Azerbaijan Enjoying Relevant Mandate of their People
Short Rain With Thunderstorm Is Predicted
Four People Wounded In A Knife Attack In Paris
Former Deputy Armen Pambukhchyan Appointed Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations
Artsakh Reports 10 New Coronavirus Cases during Past Day
N. Korea’s Kim Apologizes over Shooting Death of S. Korean
COVID-19: Armenia Reports 392 New Cases
Statement by Zohrab Mnatsakanyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia, at the 12th Ministerial Meeting on the Responsibility to Protect
I Am Hopeful That In The Light Of Friendly Relations We Will Witness A Bright Future For Our Two Nations - Hassan Rouhani To Nikol Pashinyan
Artsakh President Arayik Harutyunyan Visited the Territory of the Cemetеry Located in the Eastern Part of the Capital
Trump Says He's 'Not a Fan' of Meghan Markle, Wishes Prince Harry 'a Lot of Luck'
Ararat Mirzoyan Has Private Talk with President of National Assembly of Artsakh
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Artsakh Republic President Had a Discussion Via Video Call with President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union Perch Sedrakyan
Wind: 6 km/h