Brexit: UK Government Publishes Worst-case Scenario for No-Deal
Riots on the streets, food price rises and reduced medical supplies are real risks of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, a government document has said.
Ministers have published details of their Yellowhammer contingency plan, after MPs voted to force its release.
It outlines a series of "reasonable worst case assumptions" for the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.
On food, the document says certain types of fresh food supply "will decrease" and "critical dependencies for the food chain" such as key ingredients "may be in shorter supply".
It says these factors would not lead to overall food shortages "but will reduce the availability and choice of products and will increase price, which could impact vulnerable groups".
The document also warns of potential clashes if foreign fishing vessels enter British territorial waters on the day after the UK's departure and says economic difficulties could be "exacerbated" by flooding or a flu pandemic this winter.
And the British Medical Association described the Yellowhammer file as "alarming" and that it confirmed its warnings about no-deal, including the threat of medical supply shortages.
- Tusk: No-Deal Brexit will Never Be Our Decision As MPs prepare to have their first vote on the revised Brexit deal, the president of the European council told the European parliament that the EU’s final response to Boris Johnson’s letter seeking...
- EU Poised to Grant Three‑Month Brexit Extension No decision will be taken until EU governments can assess the chances of the withdrawal treaty getting through parliament, not before Tuesday this week.
- UK Court Rejects Brexit Delay Case But he has also said he would not break the law, which he has dubbed “the surrender act”, without explaining that apparent contradiction.
- Boris Johnson Insists Britain Will Leave EU by October 31 And the PM has never admitted in public before that he would send a letter to Brussels as the new law would require.
- Brexit: Boris Johnson will Send Extension Letter The so-called Benn Act - named after Labour MP Hilary Benn who spearheaded its passage into law - requires the government to request an extension to the 31 October Brexit deadline if a deal has not been...
Salaries of 200,000-300,000 People to be Raised From January 1, 2020: Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Holds Meeting with Representatives of Armenian Assembly of America
Ministry of Economy 2020 Budget Allocation Bid Discussed in Government
Hong Kong Formally Scraps Extradition Bill that Sparked Protests
Iraqi Defense Minister: US Troops Leaving Syria will Depart Iraq within 4 Weeks
First-time Pediatric Living-Donor Liver Transplantation Pperformed in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
U.K. Police Launch Murder Probe after 39 Bodies Found in Truck
President Sarkissian Meets with Speaker of Senate of Uzbekistan in Tokyo
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Received Martha Mensoian
Armenian Defense Ministry’s Delegation Departs for Moscow
OSCE Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America
PM Receives Delegation Led by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Regional Council President
Armenia, India to Deepen Cooperation in Technology
Grand Swiss: Armenian Chess Players’ Results
"Germany will Continue to Assist Armenia with Reforms" - PM Receives German Ambassador Banzhaf
CISM World Games: Armenian Gymnasts Reach Final
Nairi Hunanyan to Get Response Over his Parole Application Till December 1
Armenia Considers it Inappropriate to Participate in summit of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Kim Kardashian Baptized in Armenia's Etchmiadzin: Christian Name Heghine
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Again under Co-Chair Auspices before the End of the Year: OSCE MG Statement
Armenia’s PM Condemns Distortion of History by Azerbaijani President, Describes it As Disrespect Toward Armenia and Heads of CIS Countries
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 9 km/h