Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Israeli fighter jets attacked targets in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the military said, hours after a rocket fired overnight by militants in the territory struck a house in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba, a sharp escalation after months of simmering tensions along the Israel-Gaza border, The New York Times reports.
The main militant groups in Gaza, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, issued a joint statement soon after the first Israeli strikes, denying responsibility for the rocket fire against Israel. The possibility that the rockets were launched by a smaller, rogue group increased the likelihood that both sides may try to contain the hostilities and not allow them to spiral into all-out conflict, though the situation remained volatile.
Hours later, Israel said it had targeted a squad of militants who were trying to launch more rockets into southern Israel. One Palestinian man was killed, according to Gaza health officials, and three Palestinians were injured in earlier airstrikes on militant targets in Rafah, in southern Gaza.
- Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
- Palestine Liberation Organization Votes to Suspend Recognition of State of Israel In the decision, announced after a meeting late Monday, the PLO said it will halt all its commitments to the "occupation authorities" until Israel recognises a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders...
- Palestine Takes US to International Court of Justice over Jerusalem Embassy Move The Palestinian suit requests the court "to order the United States of America to withdraw (its) diplomatic mission from the Holy City of Jerusalem."
- U.S. Sounds Abbas Out on Palestinian-Jordan Confederation A statement from Abbas’s office said the president emphasized in the meeting that “peace must be reached no matter how great the challenges and difficulties it faces.”
- EU Vows to Keep Backing UNRWA after Trump Scraps US Financial Aid It also urged the US to reconsider the decision to halt funding for the United Nations relief and works agency for Palestinian refugees.
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Special Task Force to be Set Up To Deal with Possible Violations during Snap parliamentary Elections
California Wildfire Death Toll Grows with Hundreds Missing
Brexit: I am Going to See This Through, Says Theresa May
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
NBC: U.S. is evaluating Turkish materials on Fethullah Gulen
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Nikol Pashinyan: "We Must Hold Elections in Line with Best International Standards"
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Putin: Russia to Work with any New Administration in Ukraine
Artsakh Parliament President Sent Congratulatory Letters to the US Congress
Esther McVey Resigns after Telling Theresa May that Brexit Deal Doesn't Honour the Referendum
Weather Forecast: The Air Temperature Will Go Down By 2-3 Degrees
California's Ghost Town: Journalist Shared Photos of Deserted Paradise
British Brexit Secretary Resignes
Trump Picks Handbag Designer to Be Envoy to South Africa
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
Trump Threatens to Call US Military to Close Southern Border as 4,000-Strong Migrant Caravan Pushes North
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
Wind: 16.09 km/h