Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Israeli fighter jets attacked targets in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the military said, hours after a rocket fired overnight by militants in the territory struck a house in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba, a sharp escalation after months of simmering tensions along the Israel-Gaza border, The New York Times reports.
The main militant groups in Gaza, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, issued a joint statement soon after the first Israeli strikes, denying responsibility for the rocket fire against Israel. The possibility that the rockets were launched by a smaller, rogue group increased the likelihood that both sides may try to contain the hostilities and not allow them to spiral into all-out conflict, though the situation remained volatile.
Hours later, Israel said it had targeted a squad of militants who were trying to launch more rockets into southern Israel. One Palestinian man was killed, according to Gaza health officials, and three Palestinians were injured in earlier airstrikes on militant targets in Rafah, in southern Gaza.
- Australia Recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli Capital The status of Jerusalem is one of the most contested issues between Israel and the Palestinians.
- UN Rejects US-Drafted Resolution to Condemn Hamas The resolution required two-thirds support and while Assembly resolutions are non-binding, they can carry political weight.
- Northern Shield: Israel Launches Operation on Lebanon Border The Israel Defense Force announced the discovery of the tunnels on Tuesday morning, and has started destroying them, dubbing the operation Northern Shield.
- Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
- Palestine Liberation Organization Votes to Suspend Recognition of State of Israel In the decision, announced after a meeting late Monday, the PLO said it will halt all its commitments to the "occupation authorities" until Israel recognises a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders...
Georgia’s President is Declining Her Official Salary and will Continue to Live on Her French Pension
Tension between Russia and Azerbaijan: Armenians to Be Blamed?
Only 2/3 of Cabinet Members will be Appointed in the Near Future - Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Government Formation
Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Pentagon to Scrutinize Recruits with Green Cards and Other Foreign Ties
Armenia Appoints Permanent Representative to UNESCO
Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze
Sanctions Relief Removes Obstacle to US-Armenia Aluminum Trade
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs Lasted More than 4 Hours
PM Pashinyan to Participate in Davos Economic Forum
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
CoE Secretary General Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin
Russia Expects Progress in the Karabakh Conflict Settlement in 2019 - Lavrov
Mher Grigoryan and Tigran Avinyan Appointed as Deputy Prime Ministers
UK Has Not Requested Brexit Extension
Acting Secretary General of CSTO Congratulates Pashinyan on Re-Appointment
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
Nikol Pashinyan:"We Have Erased the Borderline Between Armenia and the Diaspora Because our Main Task is to Create Opportunities for Everyone"
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast