Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Israeli fighter jets attacked targets in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the military said, hours after a rocket fired overnight by militants in the territory struck a house in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba, a sharp escalation after months of simmering tensions along the Israel-Gaza border, The New York Times reports.
The main militant groups in Gaza, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, issued a joint statement soon after the first Israeli strikes, denying responsibility for the rocket fire against Israel. The possibility that the rockets were launched by a smaller, rogue group increased the likelihood that both sides may try to contain the hostilities and not allow them to spiral into all-out conflict, though the situation remained volatile.
Hours later, Israel said it had targeted a squad of militants who were trying to launch more rockets into southern Israel. One Palestinian man was killed, according to Gaza health officials, and three Palestinians were injured in earlier airstrikes on militant targets in Rafah, in southern Gaza.
- Israel Strikes 100 Targets in Gaza in Response to Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv Shortly thereafter, alarms sounded again in Israel's south. The Israeli army said two rockets were launched from Gaza, one of them intercepted by Iron Dome. No injuries or damages were reported.
- Australia Recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli Capital The status of Jerusalem is one of the most contested issues between Israel and the Palestinians.
- UN Rejects US-Drafted Resolution to Condemn Hamas The resolution required two-thirds support and while Assembly resolutions are non-binding, they can carry political weight.
- Northern Shield: Israel Launches Operation on Lebanon Border The Israel Defense Force announced the discovery of the tunnels on Tuesday morning, and has started destroying them, dubbing the operation Northern Shield.
- Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
PM Receives Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
Nikol Pashinyan Receives U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Lynne Tracy
Nikol Pashinyan: "We Need to Understand What Kind of Targeted Programs Should be Implemented to Improve the Demographic Situation"
PACE President to Visit Armenia
President Sarkissian had a Phone Conversation with Darigha Nazarbaeva
President of the National Assembly of Artsakh Welcomed Creation of the "Parliamentary Friends of the People of Artsakh" Group
EU Says Doesn't Recognize Israeli Sovereignty over Golan Heights
Roaming Service Tariffs might be dropped to zero in EEU
Erdogan: Trump's Golan Heights Statement Threatens New Crisis
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Syria Condemns Donald Trump's Remarks Over Golan Heights
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Unidentified Individuals Throw Grenade at Police Booth Near Russian Embassy in Athens
President of Artsakh Discusses SME Development with Businessmen
Armen Sarkissian Congratulated Kasim-Zhomart Tokaev on Assuming the Post of the President of Kazakhstan
EU Delays Brexit
Charles Aznavour Awarded Posthumously
New Zealand Minister Lands in Turkey For 'substantial' Talks Over Christchurch
Kurdish People Are Not Afraid of Bans: Knyaz Hasanov (EXCLUSIVE)
At Least 70 Dead As Overloaded Iraq Ship Sinks Near Mosul
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Information on Downing Armenian Spy Drone by Azerbaijani Side Doesn't Correspond to Reality: Artsakh Defense Army
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
Wind: 8 km/h