In a translated statement, the IDF clarified that the attacks, carried out by "IDF aircraft and fighter jets," came about as a "response to the rocket fire and the explosion of bombs from the Gaza Strip toward Israeli territory" earlier Wednesday.
Israel Strikes Hamas Targets in Gaza
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed via social media that its forces conducted several strikes against Hamas targets in the southern Gaza Strip late Wednesday evening, Sputnik reports.
The Israeli military force noted that targets included "weapons and underground infrastructure" belonging to Hamas.
- Israel and Hamas Agree Gaza Ceasefire after 11 Days of Fighting The development came amid growing global alarm about the bloodshed, with US President Joe Biden urging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to seek de-escalation, and mediation bids by Egypt, Qatar...
- US for 3rd Time Blocking Security Council Joint Statement Calling for Ceasefire between Israel and Hamas The statement was introduced by Norway, Tunisia and China following today’s emergency session on the escalation in Israel and Gaza and criticized both sides for the ongoing violence.
- Israeli Aircraft Strike in Gaza The airstrikes came in retaliation after 13 rocket launches from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory were identified earlier in the morning, eight of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense...
- Israel Eases Restrictions on Gaza The sources said that Israel allowed scores of trucks loaded with goods and fuel tankers to enter through the crossing and ship their loads into Gaza after closing the crossing for 20 days.
- 'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan Abbas rejected the deal before it was announced saying the US was hopelessly biased towards Israel.
Facebook Changes Its Name to Meta in Major Rebrand
Trilateral Working Group Most Optimal Format for Unblocking Communications: Zakharova
PM Pashinyan receives Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the RF Armed Forces
Armenia MOD: 4 Soldiers Wounded
The Government Will Provide Another Financial Assistance of 13 Billion 575 Million AMD to the Republic of Artsakh
Ambassador on China Participation in Armenia’s North-South project: There are Issues that Will be Resolved
EU to Recognize Armenia’s COVID-19 Certificates
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Discusses with Russia Possibilities of Normalizing Relations with Turkey
President Sarkissian Met with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces
Armenia Records 302450 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Unblocking of Rail Communication on the Agenda, no Talk of Roads to Be Used: Armenian Deputy PM
Russia Is Probing into Reports Kiev Used Turkish Drone in Donbass: Lavrov
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh David Babayan Visited the AGBU Office
Pashinyan Highlights Russia's Involvement in Demarcation and Delimitation of Armenian- Azerbaijani Border
The opening ceremony of the Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See in Armenia took place
President Armen Sarkissian has arrived in Abu Dhabi
Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting for November 9 Not Planned at This Moment: Armenia's FM
If Armenia "Solves Problems with Baku", There Will Be No Other Obstacle for Normalization of Relations: Erdogan
Substitute for General Affairs of Holy See’s Secretariat of State Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
BBC Music Magazine Explores Enduring Influence of Komitas
Singer Hayko Dies from Covid-19
No Meeting Between Armenian PM, Azerbaijani President Planned for Now – MFA Spokesperson
48 Armenian Settlements of Hadrut Region Ethnically ''Cleansed'' of Armenian Presence by Azerbaijanis: Artsakh Ombudsman
Armenia Ombudsman: During War Azerbaijanis Incurred in Border Area Near Tsav Village of Syunik Province
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in My Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Iran Army and IRGC Started to Stage a Joint Specialized Air Defense Exercise
Pashinyan Congratulates Spanish Counterpart on National Day
Arayik Harutyunyan Signed a Number of Laws
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia