Netanyahu Rushes Back to Israel after Burst of Gaza Violence
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was rushing back to Israel on Monday following a sudden burst of fighting the previous night that left in doubt efforts to bring to an end months of relentless violence between Israel and Hamas, mainichi.jp reports.
The Israeli military said an officer was killed and another was moderately wounded during an operation in the southeast Gaza Strip, involving an exchange of gunfire. It did not disclose other details surrounding the incident.
The Palestinians said seven people, among them at least five militants, were killed in the conflagration.
Netanyahu's office said he cut short a visit to Paris because of the flare-up and he was set to arrive back in Israel on Monday morning.
The unexpected spasm of violence came days after both Israel and Hamas had begun taking steps to ratchet down months of border fighting, that has seen thousands of protesters descend on the perimeter fence between Gaza and Israel, with many throwing stones, burning tires and hurling grenades at Israeli troops.
- Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall The Israeli Supreme Court ruled in favour of the military last month, ending a seven-year legal battle, and set Monday as the deadline to knock down the homes.
- Trump Administration Preparing to Roll out Kushner’s Israeli-Palestinian "Peace Plan": Sources Potential causes for delay could include the upcoming holidays of Passover and Ramadan.
- Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: Why Is the Game Ruled by Israel? Tensions have flared up again in Gaza recently. Israel has blocked the border with Gaza and is deploying army. Earlier Israel, despite the ceasefire reached by the Egyptian mediation, struck the military...
- Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled? The Eurovision song contest may be cancelled amid conflict escalation between Israel and Palestine. .
- Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess US president Donald Trump made his next controversial Twitter post, “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical...
7th Pan-Armenian Games Closing Ceremony Held in Yerevan
Feast of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Nikol Pashinyan Sums Up the Proceedings of My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Organizers Negotiate with Obama for Potential WCIT 2019 Appearance in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Our Task is to Get the Best Possible Result for Each Dram Invested and Spent in Every Area" - PM Attends My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Russia Refuses to Extradite Ex-Armenian Official Accused of Corruption
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Feast of the Apparition ("Shoghakat") of Holy Etchmiadzin
Consultation on Issues of Child Adoption
EEU-Singapore FTZ Deal Likely to be Signed in Yerevan
Trump Administration Mulls $4.3B in Foreign Aid Cuts
Artsakh FM Met with Newly Appointed HALO Trust Head
Trump to Buy Greenland. WSJ
Armenia PM Signs a New Decision
13 States File Lawsuit Over Trump "Public Charge" Rule
PM Congratulates Republic of Korea President on National Day
Armenia PM Peets With Outgoing Argentina Ambassador
Armenia’s PM Releases Advisors
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
"This is the Reform that We Expect to Yield Concrete Results” - PM Holds Consultation on the Concept of Ministry of High-Tech Industry Activities
President of Artsakh was Present at an Opening of the Gallery of Sculptures and "The Sky of Artsakh" photo exhibition in Shoushi
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 95 Times
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Wind: 6 km/h