US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
The U.S. confirmed on Sunday that coalition forces killed the self-proclaimed leader of the Afghan branch of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), The Hill reports.
The U.S. launched an airstrike in the eastern part of the Nangarhar province of Afghanistan on Aug. 25, resulting in the death of the terrorist group's leader in the country, Abu Saad Orakzai, the U.S. said.
"America and her allies are in Afghanistan to maintain pressure on the networked, trans-regional terrorists attempting to plot, resource and direct attacks from here,” said Gen. Scott Miller, the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan, in a statement. "This is only part of the coalition’s work towards and Afghan security solution, but it is a vital part.”
The most recent strike marks the third time an ISIS leader in Afghanistan has been killed by U.S. forces, according to the release.
Miller officially replaced Gen. John Nicholson as U.S. leader in the 17-year war in a ceremony held on Sunday.
“We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
- Kurds in Syria Call on US Support to Rein in Turkish Operations Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the operation will be expanded to other areas, including Manbij, where American forces are stationed with Kurdish militia.
- Iraqi Troops Discovered a Mass Grave with Bodies of Dead Soldiers Executed by Daesh The specialists intend to thoroughly study the remains, as "hundreds of other Iraqi soldiers and policemen who fought against extremists are considered missing."
- Terrorist Groups Plotting New 9/11 in US: They Want to Take Down Aircraft - Top US Official Warns They want to take down aircraft, the intelligence is clear on that.
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Nikol Pashinyan receives Andrzej Kasprzyk
Armenia is One of Countries, where Democracy Actually Staged a Comeback in 2018- Washington Post
Nikol Pashinyan, USAID Vice President Discuss Cooperation Development Vectors
Santa Claus Intends to Give Gifts to Putin and Trump
Russian Ambassador Explained Why Vladimir Putin Has not Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan
The CSTO Secretary General Issue Must Be Settled in a Way not to Harm the Efficiency of the Structure - Russia’s Ambassador
French President Emmanuel Macron Congratulates Armenia’s Pashinyan on Election Victory
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass: Black Ice is Formed in Some Places
China Hopes for ''Orderly'' Brexit, Calls for More Open EU Economy
December 18- International Migrants Day
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Delegation on Behalf of Catholicos Aram I
Downing Street Rules out Parliament Time for Corbyn's 'Stunt' No-Confidence Motion in May
Lavrov: Armenia and Russia Prepare Document Guaranteeing Absence of Foreign Military and Transparency of Biolabs
Artsakh Foreign Minister Received Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Armenia to Austria Armen Papikyan
Garo Paylan: No Turkish History Without Armenians
Armenian President, Georgian PM Exchange Views on Current Agenda of Bilateral Relations
Italy Coalition Agrees on New Budget, Expects EU Approval
Pashinyan Has Always Raised Russia-Azerbaijan Weapons Supply Issue in Discussions with Putin - Spokesperson
President of Artsakh Holds Meeting with Armenia’s Acting Minister of Education and Science
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
Nikol Pashinyan Hands State Prize for Global IT Contribution to James Truchard, Co-Founder and President of National Instruments
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg Agree To Immediately Convene Ukraine - NATO Commission Over Russia's Aggression
Regular Consultations Between the Foreign Ministries of the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic of Armenia
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime More Than 120 Times
As a Humanitarian Gesture, the Authorities of Artsakh are Ready, within the Framework of the Law, to Consider the Possibility of the Early Release of Citizen of Azerbaijan, Elnur Huseynzade
Pashinyan: "Armenia Is to Become a Country where Major Businesses Will never Get Smaller, and the Smaller ones Will Grow into Medium-Size Entities"
Nikol Pashinyan Attended The Inauguration Of A New Building Of The Consulate General Of Armenia In St. Petersburg
The President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan met in Moscow with a Group of Russian Entrepreneurs and Philanthropists
Wind: 4.83 km/h