US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
The U.S. confirmed on Sunday that coalition forces killed the self-proclaimed leader of the Afghan branch of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), The Hill reports.
The U.S. launched an airstrike in the eastern part of the Nangarhar province of Afghanistan on Aug. 25, resulting in the death of the terrorist group's leader in the country, Abu Saad Orakzai, the U.S. said.
"America and her allies are in Afghanistan to maintain pressure on the networked, trans-regional terrorists attempting to plot, resource and direct attacks from here,” said Gen. Scott Miller, the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan, in a statement. "This is only part of the coalition’s work towards and Afghan security solution, but it is a vital part.”
The most recent strike marks the third time an ISIS leader in Afghanistan has been killed by U.S. forces, according to the release.
Miller officially replaced Gen. John Nicholson as U.S. leader in the 17-year war in a ceremony held on Sunday.
“We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
Salaries of 200,000-300,000 People to be Raised From January 1, 2020: Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Holds Meeting with Representatives of Armenian Assembly of America
Ministry of Economy 2020 Budget Allocation Bid Discussed in Government
Hong Kong Formally Scraps Extradition Bill that Sparked Protests
Iraqi Defense Minister: US Troops Leaving Syria will Depart Iraq within 4 Weeks
First-time Pediatric Living-Donor Liver Transplantation Pperformed in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
U.K. Police Launch Murder Probe after 39 Bodies Found in Truck
President Sarkissian Meets with Speaker of Senate of Uzbekistan in Tokyo
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Received Martha Mensoian
Armenian Defense Ministry’s Delegation Departs for Moscow
OSCE Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America
PM Receives Delegation Led by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Regional Council President
Armenia, India to Deepen Cooperation in Technology
Grand Swiss: Armenian Chess Players’ Results
"Germany will Continue to Assist Armenia with Reforms" - PM Receives German Ambassador Banzhaf
CISM World Games: Armenian Gymnasts Reach Final
Nairi Hunanyan to Get Response Over his Parole Application Till December 1
Armenia Considers it Inappropriate to Participate in summit of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Kim Kardashian Baptized in Armenia's Etchmiadzin: Christian Name Heghine
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Again under Co-Chair Auspices before the End of the Year: OSCE MG Statement
Armenia’s PM Condemns Distortion of History by Azerbaijani President, Describes it As Disrespect Toward Armenia and Heads of CIS Countries
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 6 km/h