US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
The U.S. confirmed on Sunday that coalition forces killed the self-proclaimed leader of the Afghan branch of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), The Hill reports.
The U.S. launched an airstrike in the eastern part of the Nangarhar province of Afghanistan on Aug. 25, resulting in the death of the terrorist group's leader in the country, Abu Saad Orakzai, the U.S. said.
"America and her allies are in Afghanistan to maintain pressure on the networked, trans-regional terrorists attempting to plot, resource and direct attacks from here,” said Gen. Scott Miller, the top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan, in a statement. "This is only part of the coalition’s work towards and Afghan security solution, but it is a vital part.”
The most recent strike marks the third time an ISIS leader in Afghanistan has been killed by U.S. forces, according to the release.
Miller officially replaced Gen. John Nicholson as U.S. leader in the 17-year war in a ceremony held on Sunday.
“We must ensure terrorists can never use Afghanistan as a safe haven,” Miller told officials at the ceremony, according to Stars and Stripes.
- Libyan National Army Claims It Possesses Evidence of Turkey Supporting Daesh Turkey is one of the countries supporting terrorism around the world.
- US Giving Daesh Safe Passage in East Syria under Gold Deal: Local Sources Information suggest that the US forces in the Syrian al-Jazeera area made a deal with Daesh terrorists, by which Washington gets tens of tons of gold that the terror organization had stolen in exchange...
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- Turkey Suspected in Recruiting Ex-Isis Fighters Against Kurds in Afrin An estimated 6,000 Turkish troops and 10,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) militia crossed into Syria on 20 January, pledging to drive the YPG out of Afrin.
Jean-Claude Juncker Cut Holiday Short for Urgent Surgery
Armenian and Russian Defense Ministers Met in Moscow
7th Pan-Armenian Games Closing Ceremony Held in Yerevan
Feast of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Nikol Pashinyan Sums Up the Proceedings of My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Organizers Negotiate with Obama for Potential WCIT 2019 Appearance in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Our Task is to Get the Best Possible Result for Each Dram Invested and Spent in Every Area" - PM Attends My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Russia Refuses to Extradite Ex-Armenian Official Accused of Corruption
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Feast of the Apparition ("Shoghakat") of Holy Etchmiadzin
Consultation on Issues of Child Adoption
EEU-Singapore FTZ Deal Likely to be Signed in Yerevan
Trump Administration Mulls $4.3B in Foreign Aid Cuts
Artsakh FM Met with Newly Appointed HALO Trust Head
Trump to Buy Greenland. WSJ
Armenia PM Signs a New Decision
13 States File Lawsuit Over Trump "Public Charge" Rule
PM Congratulates Republic of Korea President on National Day
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
President of Artsakh was Present at an Opening of the Gallery of Sculptures and "The Sky of Artsakh" photo exhibition in Shoushi
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 95 Times
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Wind: 19 km/h