UN SC Resolution Aims to Cut Islamic State Funds
UN Security Council Finance ministers from the 15 nations plan to adopt a resolution which aims to cut "Islamic State" funds.
The draft resolution is based on one that was first passed in 1999 to target the rival jihadist group, al-Qaeda.
It calls on countries to "move vigorously and decisively to cut the flow of funds" to IS, such as by preventing its smuggling of oil and antiquities, BBC reports.
The militant group is thought to be the world's wealthiest. According to a recent survey its monthly revenue was estimated to $80m (£53m).
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
- UNSC Adopts Resolution on Libya without Consensus According to Nebenzya, Russia did not support the resolution, because, at present, "there is no clear understanding that all the parties [to the Libyan conflict] are ready to implement this decision."
- UN Ends Peacekeeping Nission in Haiti as Protests Continue Haiti's current uprising grew in late August, with President Jovenel Moise reported to have siphoned off petrol funds during a national fuel shortage as the inflation rate reached over 17%.
- UN Urges ‘Maximum Restraint’ after Israel-Lebanon Border Flare Up On September 1 the Hizbullah movement destroyed an Israeli armored vehicle in the border area, Israel in retaliation attacked with more than 40 missiles the towns of Marun al Ras, Aitarun and Yarun, located...
Armenia Records 8216 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Republic of Armenia Must Exist on the Planet Earth Forever: Nikol Pashinyan
Armen Sarkissian: The Historic Significance of the First Republic is Invaluable
We will face again the same threat if we do not take lessons from history - Serj Sargsyan
Artsakh President: The Philosophy of All Our Victories from Avarayr to Sardarapat and Shoushi is to be United and Consolidated, Strong and Steadfast
We Have Said Very Clearly – We will not Tolerate Any Threat or Use of Force: FM Mnatsakanyan
ECHR Ruling Should Become Basis to Eradicate Hatred Against Armenians in Azerbaijan: Artsakh MFA
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Cyprus Pledges to Cover Costs for Virus-Hit Tourists
Queen Allows Boris Johnson to Exercise in Buckingham Palace Grounds
Trump Threatens to Close down Social Media Platforms after Twitter Posts Warning under His Tweet
Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Public Transport Reopening in Georgia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
California Governor Denies Sassounian Parole
Trump Wants Full Afghanistan Pullout
Thousands of Citizens May be Infected but do not Know About it: PM on Necessity to Wear Masks
Samvel Avanesyan Appointed Minister of Labor, Social Affairs and Housing of Artsakh
Armenia Records 7774 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Parliament Ratifies EEU Customs Privileges Extension
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
How Can the Armenian Genocide Be Forgotten? Russian TV Journalist to Ukrainian Politician
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Armenia’s MFA Should Explain why It’s Partners which Have Always Taken a Neutral Position on the Armenian Genocide Issue, Now Take Pro-Turkish Stance
Wind: 5 km/h