Islamaphobia Grows in Europe after Paris Attacks
After the terrorist attacks in Paris the negative sentiment against Muslims and refugees has drastically increased in European countries. Initially refugees were perceived with compassion, warmth and sympathy. After the events in Paris the mood has changed and an Islamaphobia raised against Muslims.
In some places in France and abroad began to appear rude Islamophobic graffities on walls. There are fears that recent attacks may lead to an increase in the persecution of Muslims around the world.
According to the Independent, UK Muslim community complained of the increasing number of attacks on Muslim women after the attacks in Paris, and in Germany there have even been cases of bombing the refugee camps.
According to the testimonies collected by the working group of the French government on issues of Islamophobia, a week after the terrorist attacks in Paris, there were 115 attacks motivated by religious or racial hatred.
Most often girls and women aged 14 to 45 who wear hijabs are subjected to these attacks. The attackers are mostly local men aged 15 to 35 and a large number of such incidents occur in public places.
There is also a great verbal abuse, as Euronews reports, when it comes to expressions such as ''terrorists'', ''bombers'', ''bastards'' directed to the ordinary Muslims in the streets.
However, politicians are constantly trying to explain to people that the refugees have nothing to do with the terrorists of ''Islamic State '', and that the extremism and terrorism are not related to refugee flows into Europe.
''Some were just waiting for such a moment to show their racist attitudes '' - told one Muslim to France24, - ''Islamophobia did not appear by itself - it was created. Media and politicians should choose their words more carefully''.
''There is no ''Islamic State''. It is a Barbaric state'' – told another Muslim.
Muslims around the world are also storming social networks reporting that they are not terrorists and quoting verses from the Koran, which condemns the killing of the innocent. "ISIL (Islamic State) does not represent Islam and Muslims. We must unite to stop this group from the destruction of Islam, because our religion does not support terrorism" – they say.
In Paris, which still has not recovered from the shock, the Muslims have even organized a flash mob - embrace offered to passers-by saying: ''Islam is a religion of peace.''
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- Trump: ISIS is 'Totally under control' Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed to a 120-hour ceasefire in northern Syria following a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
- EU Countries Who Refuse To Host Refugees Could Pay More For Projects EU countries who refuse to host refugees could instead pay more for EU migration and development projects in Africa, said the head of the European Parliament, Reuters reports.
- Italy Tells Rescue Ships not to Help Refugees in Peril at Sea Officials said the vessels – carrying people from North Africa to Europe – were all in Libyan waters and, therefore, Libyan responsibility.
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
- Is the Construction of Walls by Turkey Also Beneficial for the EU? It is noteworthy that the idea of building walls by Turkey was not criticized by the EU, which, based on its values, has always been in favor of open borders with neighbors, cross-border cooperation.
- Rome Asks to Stop Sending Immigrants to the City According to polls, about half of Italians do not want immigrants to come to their country.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Tokyo 2020 Bouquets
Anti-Government Protest Took Place In Prague
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
PM chairs Defense Ministry Board Meeting at Ministry of Defense Headquarters
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM chairs Security Council Meeting
Artsakh President Receives Armenian CB Delegation
Azerbaijan Breaches Karabakh Ceasefire 210 Times in One Week
PM: All Citizens of Armenia Need to View State Budget as Family Budget
Kazakhstan is Eager to See Investments Coming from Armenia
We are with you, Venice – Armenian Embassy
Armenian Team Loses, Deprived of Opportunity to Take Part in Euro-2020
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Nikol Pashinyan Held a Consultation to Discuss the Report on Armenia State Interest Fund Activities
Solemn Awarding Ceremony Took Place in the Artsakh Republic President's Residence
Dashnaks ‘Deeply Concerned’ Over Political Developments In Armenia
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Armenia Salutes Dutch Parliament’s Stance on Opening of Resident Embassy in Yerevan
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Wind: 6 km/h