Islamaphobia Grows in Europe after Paris Attacks
After the terrorist attacks in Paris the negative sentiment against Muslims and refugees has drastically increased in European countries. Initially refugees were perceived with compassion, warmth and sympathy. After the events in Paris the mood has changed and an Islamaphobia raised against Muslims.
In some places in France and abroad began to appear rude Islamophobic graffities on walls. There are fears that recent attacks may lead to an increase in the persecution of Muslims around the world.
According to the Independent, UK Muslim community complained of the increasing number of attacks on Muslim women after the attacks in Paris, and in Germany there have even been cases of bombing the refugee camps.
According to the testimonies collected by the working group of the French government on issues of Islamophobia, a week after the terrorist attacks in Paris, there were 115 attacks motivated by religious or racial hatred.
Most often girls and women aged 14 to 45 who wear hijabs are subjected to these attacks. The attackers are mostly local men aged 15 to 35 and a large number of such incidents occur in public places.
There is also a great verbal abuse, as Euronews reports, when it comes to expressions such as ''terrorists'', ''bombers'', ''bastards'' directed to the ordinary Muslims in the streets.
However, politicians are constantly trying to explain to people that the refugees have nothing to do with the terrorists of ''Islamic State '', and that the extremism and terrorism are not related to refugee flows into Europe.
''Some were just waiting for such a moment to show their racist attitudes '' - told one Muslim to France24, - ''Islamophobia did not appear by itself - it was created. Media and politicians should choose their words more carefully''.
''There is no ''Islamic State''. It is a Barbaric state'' – told another Muslim.
Muslims around the world are also storming social networks reporting that they are not terrorists and quoting verses from the Koran, which condemns the killing of the innocent. "ISIL (Islamic State) does not represent Islam and Muslims. We must unite to stop this group from the destruction of Islam, because our religion does not support terrorism" – they say.
In Paris, which still has not recovered from the shock, the Muslims have even organized a flash mob - embrace offered to passers-by saying: ''Islam is a religion of peace.''
- Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State "The United States will continue to lead the coalition and the world on this essential security effort," Pompeo said as he opened a day of talks in Washington.
- Turkish Police Detain 7 Over ISIS Links One suspect is believed to be responsible for ISIS training camps that train some 2000 foreign militants per year, the daily said citing a statement by Turkey's interior ministry.
- Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey to Stay Focused on Fighting Islamic State Relations between the United States and Turkey, allies within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, have become frayed by their diverging interests in the Syrian civil war.
- US Will Maintain Military Presence in Syria after the Defeat of IS "We cannot make the same mistakes that were made in 2011," Tillerson said to an audience that included former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and George Shultz, noting that the Islamic State and...
- Isis Use of Hobby Drones as Weapons Tests Chinese Makers The first X-8 in a conflict zone was spotted in 2015 by Kurdish forces near the Mosul Dam in Iraq, while in October 2016 a bomb-laden X-8 killed two Kurdish soldiers and injured two French commandos in...
- Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader He is also known by the nom de guerre Haji Abdullah, and in some circles as Abdullah Qardash – although Iraqi officials suggest the latter was a separate Isis figure who died two years ago.
- Turkey Begins Deportation Of Captive Foreign Islamic State Terrorists To Their Home Countries The issue of the handling of Daesh/ISIS members and their families detained in Syria -- including foreign members of the terror group -- has been controversial, with Turkey arguing foreign-born terrorists...
- US Knows 'Almost Nothing' about New ISIS Leader The announcement of the new leader came in an audio message released last week by a new ISIS spokesperson, after Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, the spokesperson and right-hand man to Baghdadi, was also killed,...
- Erdogan Says Turkey has Captured Baghdadi's Wife A senior Turkish official said earlier this week that Turkey had captured Baghdadi’s sister, her husband and daughter.
- Newsweek Reveals Name of Likely Successor to Dead Islamic State Group’s Leader Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, was said to have been nominated by Baghdadi in August to run the group's "Muslim affairs" in a widely-circulated statement...
- EU Countries Who Refuse To Host Refugees Could Pay More For Projects EU countries who refuse to host refugees could instead pay more for EU migration and development projects in Africa, said the head of the European Parliament, Reuters reports.
- Italy Tells Rescue Ships not to Help Refugees in Peril at Sea Officials said the vessels – carrying people from North Africa to Europe – were all in Libyan waters and, therefore, Libyan responsibility.
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
- Is the Construction of Walls by Turkey Also Beneficial for the EU? It is noteworthy that the idea of building walls by Turkey was not criticized by the EU, which, based on its values, has always been in favor of open borders with neighbors, cross-border cooperation.
- Rome Asks to Stop Sending Immigrants to the City According to polls, about half of Italians do not want immigrants to come to their country.
Trump Declines to Commit to a Peaceful Transition of Power after Election
EU Believes Lukashenko’s Inauguration Lacks Legitimacy
Biden leads Trump by 10 points nationally in new pair of polls
Coronavirus Situation Worsens in Armenia, Says PM
Artsakh Confirms 9 New Cases of COVID-19 in Past 24 Hours
Israel Tightens Coronavirus Restrictions as Cases Continue to Surge
Trudeau: Canada Already in Second Wave of Coronavirus
Armenia Records 48251 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Obama Shares His Phone Number
Armenia’s New Ambassador to Bulgaria Presents Credentials to President Rumen Radev
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Military Exercises "Shant-2020" To Be Held On November 16-20 In Armenia
Armen Sarkissian: Armenia and China Have Great Potential for Cooperation
US-Based SADA Systems Plans to Establish Global Center for Technological Solutions in Armenia
Weather forecast in Armenia
Artsakh NA Speaker Artur Tovmasyan Visits Armenia
Representatives of The ARF-Dashnaktsutyun Met The Russian Ambassador to Armenia
Over 100 Healthcare Workers in Armenia Will Soon be Awarded for Efforts on Fighting COVID-19
Humanitarian Assistance Transferred from Artsakh to ‘Chevy Chase’ Surgery Center in Los Angeles
Asphalting of the Karvachar Road Has Been Launched: Artsakh President Made a Tour
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Wind: 5 km/h